Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I recently bought a 2019 Altima S and my volume knob is malfunctioning. When I turn the volume knob the volume level rapidly skips around. The way I have to actually adjust the volume is by using the volume buttons on the steering wheel. Going to the dealership in a few days to have this issue looked at. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a common issue with the style of knob that is on the radio. Unfortunately, to fix this issue, it will most likely require the replacement of the whole radio as the volume knob is not a replaceable part. Welcome to what us electronic techs call "infant mortality" (aka, something failing way earlier than it should, normally shortly after being put into service).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody. I recently bought a 2019 Altima S and my volume knob is malfunctioning. When I turn the volume knob the volume level rapidly skips around. The way I have to actually adjust the volume is by using the volume buttons on the steering wheel. Going to the dealership in a few days to have this issue looked at. Has anyone experienced this?
Hello

what was the update? I actually just recently purchased a 2019 Nissan Altima S and I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have it looked at for the exact same issue. It is still under factory warranty but I though it was odd to be happening this early. Did they replace the entire radio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this same issue. It got significantly worse the last time I took it in for service and they performed a firmware update. The nearest dealer is an hour away so I haven't taken it back in yet.

@Mvson29 @kaseycross28 Were you able to get the issue resolved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to jump in and let everyone know we were having this issue on a 2019 Nissan Altima we bought on August and the issue started basically right away... I’m literally at the dealership and they’ve told me it was an update being needed that’s causing the issue, not covered by warranty, and nothing the owner can do themselves. So for $50 plus tax they will do the update.

If it doesn’t fix the issue I’ll update but just wanted to share since this was my first Google search result when looking for a fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your under warranty why should you need to pay $50
We got the car through Enterprise, so even though we do have warranty and extended warranty coverage, this did not fall under warranty (I didn’t make the rules) and technically if it had been we have to pay $100 deductible (something to do with the extended warranty) so technically this being $50 for a firmware update actually was less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the update correct the problem? I recently purchased a 2019 Altima and having the same issue.
We got the car through Enterprise, so even though we do have warranty and extended warranty coverage, this did not fall under warranty (I didn’t make the rules) and technically if it had been we have to pay $100 deductible (something to do with the extended warranty) so technically this being $50 for a firmware update actually was less.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the update correct the problem? I recently purchased a 2019 Altima and having the same issue.
It resolved the issue for me. The dealership was quite aware of the problem and knew exactly what was wrong the second I mentioned crazy audio volume control. I was covered under warranty thankfully, but I was not pleased when they said there could be a charge if I wasn’t under warranty. Software patches should be 100% free to all owners forever. #soapbox

·
Registered
1 Posts
It resolved the issue for me. The dealership was quite aware of the problem and knew exactly what was wrong the second I mentioned crazy audio volume control. I was covered under warranty thankfully, but I was not pleased when they said there could be a charge if I wasn’t under warranty. Software patches should be 100% free to all owners forever. #soapbox
Thanks for letting us know about the ridiculous software update. My Nissan Kicks 2019 started doing the same thing right around the 1 year mark.
I wonder if this how they get us to go back to the dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
so I actually had the same issue and I had my entire radio replaced early 2019, now April 2021 my radio is doing the same thing all over again

Hello

what was the update? I actually just recently purchased a 2019 Nissan Altima S and I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have it looked at for the exact same issue. It is still under factory warranty but I though it was odd to be happening this early. Did they replace the entire radio?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I actually had the same issue, I replaced my entire radio at the dealership early 2019. Now almost 2 years later my radio is doing the exact same thing. It’s so annoying and frustrating. Not sure that I want them pulling it out again. I’ve always been told it’s bad when people mess with your dash because then it gets warped, and they were right because when I got my radio replaced my entire radio squeaks and squeals when I drive it’s super annoying, I’d almost rather deal with the knob this time

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to face same problem I went to many garages but not satisfy me I was searching for the
car mechanic near me and find out many garages list but I try manyautosltd very affordable and well trained car mechanic they fix my car problem in very affordable price I am sure they can help you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes mine does that all the time!

·
Registered
49 Posts
My issue occurred within the first week of having my 2019 SL. Until I received the most recent update(0910) for the most part volume knob on unit isn't as static when turned slow, but when driving and trying to twist it there it can be erratic up and down. The only option they told me is to replace the whole unit but I am now out of warranty so the lovely cost was like $4k. Im ok on a new unit for now lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE="kaseycross28, post: 544628, member: 62157"

I own a 2019 Nissan Altima SR. Bought brand new 6 miles on it. Last year I had the same issue with my stereo. They had to replace the entire radio with back up camera. It is covered under the warranty. Last month I had the oil changed and 3 weeks later my service engine light came on, I took it back and they changed the filter and air filter, found no issues. I drove another week and it just went off. So same issues here.

[/QUOTE]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts