Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I recently bought a 2019 Altima S and my volume knob is malfunctioning. When I turn the volume knob the volume level rapidly skips around. The way I have to actually adjust the volume is by using the volume buttons on the steering wheel. Going to the dealership in a few days to have this issue looked at. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a common issue with the style of knob that is on the radio. Unfortunately, to fix this issue, it will most likely require the replacement of the whole radio as the volume knob is not a replaceable part. Welcome to what us electronic techs call "infant mortality" (aka, something failing way earlier than it should, normally shortly after being put into service).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody. I recently bought a 2019 Altima S and my volume knob is malfunctioning. When I turn the volume knob the volume level rapidly skips around. The way I have to actually adjust the volume is by using the volume buttons on the steering wheel. Going to the dealership in a few days to have this issue looked at. Has anyone experienced this?
Hello

what was the update? I actually just recently purchased a 2019 Nissan Altima S and I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have it looked at for the exact same issue. It is still under factory warranty but I though it was odd to be happening this early. Did they replace the entire radio?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this same issue. It got significantly worse the last time I took it in for service and they performed a firmware update. The nearest dealer is an hour away so I haven't taken it back in yet.

@Mvson29 @kaseycross28 Were you able to get the issue resolved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to jump in and let everyone know we were having this issue on a 2019 Nissan Altima we bought on August and the issue started basically right away... I’m literally at the dealership and they’ve told me it was an update being needed that’s causing the issue, not covered by warranty, and nothing the owner can do themselves. So for $50 plus tax they will do the update.

If it doesn’t fix the issue I’ll update but just wanted to share since this was my first Google search result when looking for a fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your under warranty why should you need to pay $50
We got the car through Enterprise, so even though we do have warranty and extended warranty coverage, this did not fall under warranty (I didn’t make the rules) and technically if it had been we have to pay $100 deductible (something to do with the extended warranty) so technically this being $50 for a firmware update actually was less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts