Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A check engine light on my 2019 Nissan Altima SL just came up and I scanned it, it gave me the code p219a, air-fuel ratio imbalance, I was wondering if anyone encountered this with their Nissan?is it important? Is it covered under the powertrain warranty? If not how much he should I expect the repair cost to be?

·
Registered
178 Posts
There's a bulletin stating specifically not to replace the A/F Sensor for that code. There are a ton of potential causes listed, but the likely ones are foreign matter in the MAF, a vacuum leak, or an exhaust leak north of the cat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a bulletin stating specifically not to replace the A/F Sensor for that code. There are a ton of potential causes listed, but the likely ones are foreign matter in the MAF, a vacuum leak, or an exhaust leak north of the cat.
I saw that bulletin, but every Nissan dealership I called in my area are saying that it’s the A/F sensor, and they are giving me an estimate of 359$ plus tax lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
PS - We've also seen issues on many of the transverse 4-cyl's since '16 where missing or damaged splash covers underneath the vehicle cause A/F codes in general. We presume it's a temperature thing, but if you have any damage to the plastic under the car, that could be a factor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PS - We've also seen issues on many of the transverse 4-cyl's since '16 where missing or damaged splash covers underneath the vehicle cause A/F codes in general. We presume it's a temperature thing, but if you have any damage to the plastic under the car, that could be a factor.
Okay, how do I fix this since the dealership service department doesn’t seem to be very knowledgeable lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can only tell you the ESM states the same thing as the bulletin, that the A/F Sensor will not cause it. If you want to do a DIY inspection, I'd start by checking the MAF for lint or butterfly wings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Okay, how do I fix this since the dealership service department doesn’t seem to be very knowledgeable lol
Well, here are some things you can look at on your own.
P219A Possible Causes:
Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors.
Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel.
Leaking EVAP canister purge valve.
Exhaust or intake air system leaks.
PCV system is leaking or the valve is stuck open.

·
Registered
Nissan Altima 2013 2.5 SV
2 Posts
Reasons for this code may include: engine vacuum leak (large) defective oxygen sensor / sBurnt, shrunken, broken or disconnected wire and / or connectorsEngine exhaust leaks faulty mass air flow or manifold air pressure sensorbad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts