Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the usb light to led? I believe they are T5 (74) bulb size which I have but don’t know how to change correctly. I read on a 2019 sr you have to take off the glove box which I did and remove the panel next to glove box than panel under steering wheel but I cannot get off the climate control panel which goes all the way to the passenger air vent. I’m afraid I’ll break it. Any tips or how too’s , videos?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone changed the usb light to led? I believe they are T5 (74) bulb size which I have but don’t know how to change correctly. I read on a 2019 sr you have to take off the glove box which I did and remove the panel next to glove box than panel under steering wheel but I cannot get off the climate control panel which goes all the way to the passenger air vent. I’m afraid I’ll break it. Any tips or how too’s , videos?
you ever find an answer to this? i am curious too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok, thanks. to be honest, i dont love this light in the first place. i was thinking about taking it out altogether. how did it look when you replaced it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thanks. to be honest, i dont love this light in the first place. i was thinking about taking it out altogether. how did it look when you replaced it?
Big difference with the led, I changed all the other lights to led in interior so it fit right in. Was worth it to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So if you pull the climate control panel out from the far left by the steering wheel it will pop off.
What about the buttons? Do those just pull off with the panel? Wires? I'm really scared I'm going to break something. You're talking about the whole piece that spans from left to right on the car right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the buttons? Do those just pull off with the panel? Wires? I'm really scared I'm going to break something. You're talking about the whole piece that spans from left to right on the car right?
Yes the whole panel from left to right, pull from the far left down to right. If your slow with it you won’t rip anything like the wires or anything else. It comes out in one piece. Once I got the panel detached I didn’t pull anymore to pull out the wires then I was able to pull the bulb to replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts