Nissan Altima Forum banner

240sx S13 build thread.

10K views 88 replies 16 participants last post by  superbad 
#1 ·
Im starting a build thread here cause the people here arnt asses or force their opinion on parts. (zilvia forums does that alot).
Ok I bought a SR20DET swap with a 5 speed and a aluminum driveshaft. I got my hands on a 1991 S13 hatch with minimal body damage to my surprise for the price (400 bucks). The interior is completely gutted and im still debating on putting everything back in.

this is what has been done so far before I got it. Motor has arp head and main studs, new head gasket, new water pump, new timing chain kit, nismo thermostat, new front and rear main seal, Greddy rocker arm stoppers, mls exhaust manifold gasket, radiator and dual fans, fmic kit, cold air intake kit, spec stg 3 clutch, solid motor mounts, aluminum drive shaft and exhaust.

See less See more
#3 ·
Alot of the stuff that was upgraded was stuff that normally went wrong with the engine. So why not add shiz. It also has a Z32 MAF plus a lil more. Gotta ask. They estimate the motor puts anywhere between 230-250whp to the ground. Never been tuned but it ran his buddies turbo civic putting 220 to the ground and killed it horribly. It ran a 08 GT with cams, I/H/E with a tune putting 345 to the ground and killed it too.

#6 ·
Thanks guys! Im going to the shop today to discuss a budget. I may get a bigger turbo or go with a S15 turbo. They are good for 320whp and thats enough for a car this light. Just need larger injectors. As for the body, Im not really going to change anything if need be. Paint on the roof is fading, theres a dent in the rear but its small. Paint is chipping and the hood has a bad dent in it. Yep. Perfect sleeper. MAKEGOFAST!

#10 ·
Its not just the body work, its a good number of things. The hard brake lines will cost a good bit. I need a new door locking kit, a steering lock and keys, a new chassis harness, engine harness needs relays, there's a small rusted out whole in the roof which we didn't find until going over what needed to be done, the radiator bar is bent, a dent in the roof, light wiring for lights is missing, etc. In other words I would spend ALOT just to get the car right with out even dropping a new motor in. I found a coupe for sale for 1500. Semi built KA I can resale with the trans for $$$$.

#12 ·
yep. The coupe im looking at is 100% stock besides the KA that's in it. Im going to strip it down to mostly bare metal and just leave the door pannles. Or i may just take the back seat out and a few more things and build a sound system :D that would weigh and cost alot tho.

#15 ·
Ok guys here is a update. I bought the 1989 coupe a week back. The engine is going in this week and should be able to come home as well. I had to replace the turbo cause drifting took a toll on it. Seals were leaking oil and the little turbine had some play in it. I replaced it with a ISIS T25/T28 turbo and it will give it a little more power and less time to spool up. A guy made 275hp on the turbo with just 8psi and light engine mods. I want to turn it to 10psi and leave it. As for the body im keeping it stock, im lowering the car and throwing some big lip 18" wheels on. Im going to rip out the back seat too. I also bought a Megan racing turbo manifold. Pics will come :D

#27 ·
I have not done either of the sort yet. I dont have insurance on it yet and I need that before I take it out on the road or risk a $1,000 fine. Im going to keep the car looking how it does now besides wheels and suspension. Paint is crappy and there is some surface rust but it makes her a sleeper. My bumper has already been trimed to fit the intercooler as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.