Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding about the noods. Lurked up to page 7 for 4th Gen last night.

Got my 2007 3.5L SE CVT about three weeks ago. Had under 85k miles and I ended up getting it for $12,750.

A little nervous about the CVT and crappy Minnesota weather. I'm sure it will hold up just fine.

This is such a fun car and I am happy to own it.

Current upgrade checklist:
1. Nismo or some other license plate frame.
2. Nismo valvestems.
3. Lil alph-alpha top of the rear window spoiler.
4. Flux capacitor.
5. Stripper mudflaps.
6. Vias delete once I pay it off. Maybe.

Pics up in 5 posts... I'm sure you want to see my stock Altima.

See you around!

-Daniel

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Welcome to AF, Dan! Congratulations on your Altima purchase.. Did you get used to the CVT yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers!

It is a bit different. Kinda nice to be able to just ride on the transmission for a brake, especially when everyone is doing 1 second brake taps in traffic.

The brakes are the hardest to get used to, for me. Didn't have the most stopping power with my 95 Taurus.

I almost died the other day. I was at a traffic light and I heard a noise, thinking it was the car. However, it was actually just the airplane above my head. I have never had a car so quiet!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ride the transmission for a brake? whats this all about??
When I let off the gas, the car slows down more than my old taurus. It's nice when everyone in traffic decides to step on their brakes for 1 second. I could be high too...

Oh and thank you for all the warm welcomes! I look forward to being a helping member.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well thats a cool thing for stopping but i like how our accord and expedition glide long distance when i let off cause i can keep moving without needing to gas it up when i see a red light about to turn green.just let off glide and of light turns green gas again instead of let off slow down fast and gas it just to get to the red light.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
When I let off the gas, the car slows down more than my old taurus. It's nice when everyone in traffic decides to step on their brakes for 1 second. I could be high too...

Oh and thank you for all the warm welcomes! I look forward to being a helping member.
That's a feature of the car. The salesman showed me that the car slows down a little on it's own. It's nice but I would prefer not to have it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts