·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Keep it on El Gaspard !

Reactions: LeGaspardVQ

·
Registered
7 Posts
So far so good. Got a few hundred miles on the engine & clutch, so they're broken in. Saving up a bit now to get it tuned in a few weeks hopefully

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Any updates my friend ! Been off for a while on my end in here.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
What's up Sprock and everyone else? I think someone tried to hack my account or something. Anyway, that seems to be squared away now. The car is doing ok. I've been in contact with NisFormance, so maybe, possibly, we may have the Emanage Ultimate on this car within the next few months if I can get my hands on one of their harnesses.

Currently, I'm in the middle of doing the same swap in another Maxima, owned by another guy here locally, so this should make it officially #3 in the state of GA that I know of. And lastly, one of my co-workers just sold his Acura Integra and purchased a 6-spd Altima SE-R with some gearbox issues, so the plan is to have all 3 cars ready by late October. There are a couple of events that are soon approaching so hopefully they can make it out and test.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Hey cool !

My shoulders & lower back are still killing me , but I try to maintain my SER .

Love to see that you inspire people locally ! Love seeing the progresses on your ride . Inspiring .

Any link to NisFormance my friend !

Reactions: LeGaspardVQ

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Very well done. You'll be the go to for information, no doubt.

Auto guide was hacked a few months ago. They had to reset passwords and such. It's been a long haul but I think they're through the worst. Probably cost them a few members though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Here are a couple of pics of the other car I'm currently swapping. This one will be a true sleeper, I think. Especially with its beige/sandy color Lol. I told the owner to keep it looking that way too, unassuming.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Thanx for the updates Gaspar.

Can see that you re real busy ! For some reasons some of the last pix posted don t show up.

Keep it on my friend.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Small update everyone. I drove the car to Alabama yet again this past weekend and met some cool folks at the track there, there was an event going on. Got to talk with Zach Wright, owner of the fastest 95 Ford Taurus. Got to see that thing make a U.S. world record pass in person. He also encouraged me to keep at it with my car, as he had been building/wrenching on his for 7 YEARS! Couple of pics.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Nice pics. Looks like the most photographed car was a CRX. That SHO looks like a sleeper. What did it run and what did you run?
Yeah I had my tablet and was trying to take a few pictures while also waiting for my turn to run. Lol. There were a few CRX'S out there. In that one pic with all the cars in the staging lanes, the CRX all the way to the left with the wing and stickers is Donnie Scott's CRX, currently the Fastest Naturally Aspirated H22 in the world! The car went 9.9's in the Alabama heat!! It was hot out there, 93 degrees ambient temps and 110 Degree track temps.
The Altima SER ended up running 14.9's. The Taurus SHO ended up going a best of 10.72 @ 132mph!, still on low boost setting (10psi). It has a built high compression engine and a custom turbo setup, using a borg warner S366. Car sounds AMAZING in the burnout box. My Rosemary did three runs, with a best of 14.4 @ 97 mph. Drove it there, and back home, 2.5 Hours each way. There is one last event here in GA next weekend, temperatures should be cooler, hoping I can match my Personal best from last year or even better it. We'll see!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Update everyone!! So a couple of weeks ago, my patch harness arrived from Nisformance. I installed it in line with the emanage ultimate & the car still had spark (lost spark when I previously installed the patch harness from the other company ), so I knew we were on to something. Loaded up the base map sent to me by Admin Tuning & the car fired right up. One of the local guys did a bit of fueling adjustment on the street and the car felt GREAT.
Took it to Import Showdown this Sunday for the fall event, last event of the year locally. The car went a few 14.4's, then I preloaded the car/suspension & she went 14.1! I was excited. I let her cool down quite a bit, then went back for one last run, did a good 2nd gear burnout, preloaded it, launched at 4,200 rpm, got the 1-2 shift perfect, and she went 13.91 @ 99mph. What a way to end the 2016 race season!! My wife was there, along with some of my family members locally AND 2 of my cousins who flew in from France the day before, friends & co workers. Looking forward to next year! Happy wrenching everyone.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Wow, I'm very impressed. You must have picked up quite a few HP with that tune. I'm shocked actually. I would be very interested what you're putting down now.
Yeah man, #rahpytune for the win. He knows his stuff. Like I said, he did very minimal changes to fueling, and mayyyyybe 5 degrees of ignition timing overall and let me tell you Mike, the car felt like a different car. I also want to dyno it now and see what it makes.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts