Nissan Altima Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
A couple of other Maxima enthusiasts were there also. One of them got the privilege to have his 7th Gen Max make it on the MidnightAtl1 Album!! Very clean white 7th gen. Intake, exhaust, underdrive pulley, coilovers, 370z brakes and wheels. Ran a 14.6. Also, if you look right after the orange Civic, you can see my Rosemary in line, before making that pass!!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Glad to see that you still have the vq3.5 . Looks pretty reliable !

Had a blast @ the track ! In the 13s now ! That s great .

Reactions: LeGaspardVQ

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Glad to see that you still have the vq3.5 . Looks pretty reliable !

Had a blast @ the track ! In the 13s now ! That s great .
Salut Sprock. Merci. Ouais, jusque la, la VQ35 est assez fiable. J'espere aller a d'autres pistes d'acceleration cette anne'e dans d'autres etats pour la tester meme.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Hey all. Hope all is well. I set a personal goal for 2017. It's a bit lofty, but hey, you have to set goals to reach them, correct? The goal? I want Rosemary to run a 13 Second pass at every track she touches... She already did it here on the home track in Georgia. First stop is going to be Florida in a couple of weeks. We'll see how she does!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Salut Sprock. Merci. Ouais, jusque la, la VQ35 est assez fiable. J'espere aller a d'autres pistes d'acceleration cette anne'e dans d'autres etats pour la tester meme.
Thanx for the comeback !

Looks like an acheivable goals to me .

I would suggest you to install some 350Z hr s fuel injectors as they have a better fume dispersion & might help you on the performance side .

Do you have a catch can installed also ! Helps with pvc valve work .

Keep it on !

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Thanx for the comeback !

Looks like an acheivable goals to me .

I would suggest you to install some 350Z hr s fuel injectors as they have a better fume dispersion & might help you on the performance side .

Do you have a catch can installed also ! Helps with pvc valve work .

Keep it on !
So far, the OEM 2013Maxima injectors are holding up & doing well. A proper catch can is on my list of things to get next

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
So two weeks ago there was an event in Gainesville, Florida, 4hrs &45 minutes away from the house. So I drove the car down, got two passes in, (there were a lot of cars/racers), enjoyed the show, drove back home. #nissanlife One pass was a 14.0 @ 100mph, the other was a 13.9 @ 101mph. On both runs, reaction times were on point. I'm still practicing preloading the car properly, but she is getting more and more consistent. I have a couple of pics I took, I'll upload them as soon as photobucket acts right ��. Next stop will probably be North Carolina, about 6 hours drive.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
So far, the OEM 2013Maxima injectors are holding up & doing well. A proper catch can is on my list of things to get next
Oh my bad , didn t remember you had HR s top end , same injectors I guess .

Speaking of your 09 + HR top end , do these have intake & exhaust cam advances ! Guess 07+ HR Altimas only have those on the intake side , wonder where we can have these info.

Might have to go 07+ Altima HR with DE s timing & DE s 2 lower oil pans to fit my SERs.

You did keep the VGs right ! (your oem s timing)

Did you installed the E Manage also ! or on your way to do it.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
So two weeks ago there was an event in Gainesville, Florida, 4hrs &45 minutes away from the house. So I drove the car down, got two passes in, (there were a lot of cars/racers), enjoyed the show, drove back home. #nissanlife One pass was a 14.0 @ 100mph, the other was a 13.9 @ 101mph. On both runs, reaction times were on point. I'm still practicing preloading the car properly, but she is getting more and more consistent. I have a couple of pics I took, I'll upload them as soon as photobucket acts right ��. Next stop will probably be North Carolina, about 6 hours drive.
How many pound in front tires when doing your pulls , might have to go low in order to have a good 60 feet.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Oh my bad , didn t remember you had HR s top end , same injectors I guess .

Speaking of your 09 + HR top end , do these have intake & exhaust cam advances ! Guess 07+ HR Altimas only have those on the intake side , wonder where we can have these info.

Might have to go 07+ Altima HR with DE s timing & DE s 2 lower oil pans to fit my SERs.

You did keep the VGs right ! (your oem s timing)

Did you installed the E Manage also ! or on your way to do it.

The FWD HR engine cylinder head ports, especially the inlets are MASSIVE compared to the DE, valves seem to be slightly smaller, but you can notice the difference in combustion chamber shape on the cylinder head, and the cam buckets have that nice DLC coating on them. Yeah, the FWD HR Altima engine has VTC on intake cam only, the Maxima HR has VTC control on intake and exhaust cams. I'm not running either, since i have custom cam adapters made to run my VQ30 timing chains/sensors, so as far as my ECU is concerned, there is still a VQ30 under the bonnet. Your car would be perfect with an Altima HR. Get the needed adapter harnesses from nisformance.com and make it plug-n-play for yours and make instant power, especially since your car can be Uprev Tuned. And yes, I finally got the Emange Ultimate installed. Soon I will go back to Raphy and we will put it on the dyno and really do some ignition timing tuning and maybe some better fuel and see if she can make a bit more power.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
How many pound in front tires when doing your pulls , might have to go low in order to have a good 60 feet.
Front tire pressures are set at 15-16 psi, cold, when running at the track on the Hoosiers. I have to get more practice in to lower my 60-foot, and also dial in the 2-step using the Emanage, which we plan to do here in Georgia at our local event, this spring.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Thanx for the comeback mate . Wow , almost got an E Manage years ago , too bad I had to stop working because of health issues , might get one later on.

I would install softer springs up front & put on some stiffer springs on the back & raise the back also , it helps transfering weight to the front, but looks kind of weird & a bit weird to drive on the roads . But best for the 60 feet box . It all depends on what goals you have.

It s all about getting it to stick right !

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Speaking of NisTune, is he the one that was named VoltageDrop beforehand ! If so he knows his stuff right !

When having your car tuned , I would ask them what they re thinking about having the 350Z s or 370Z s map instead of the one you have already , might be much better . My bet is that it s different as it s a sport s car , not a famely rise.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
What's up guys? Hope all is well! The 2017 season ended very well for us with the car. Last month here at home, the car backed up its previous best, ran a 13.9, then went a bit faster, with a 13.8x, and by the end of the event, she went 13.6x!!! The car is still the same, I've just been getting a lot of seat time learning, launching the car on the 2/step. For 2018 we have some fairly big plans for the car. I'm not 100% sure if she will be finished in 2018, but we'll see. We have a few great local guys and shops that will be helping us, so we're excited to see where Rosemary can go. Happy wrenching guys.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What's up guys? Hope all is well! The 2017 season ended very well for us with the car. Last month here at home, the car backed up its previous best, ran a 13.9, then went a bit faster, with a 13.8x, and by the end of the event, she went 13.6x!!! The car is still the same, I've just been getting a lot of seat time learning, launching the car on the 2/step. For 2018 we have some fairly big plans for the car. I'm not 100% sure if she will be finished in 2018, but we'll see. We have a few great local guys and shops that will be helping us, so we're excited to see where Rosemary can go. Happy wrenching guys.
That's awesome, man! Glad to hear the car is running well! 13.6 is pretty impressive! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Very well done! 13.6 is a very good time. Given your post you're chocking your improvement up to your driving skills?

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Also, your thread pics have been brought back to life ;).

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Also, your thread pics have been brought back to life ;).
Thanks Mike! And yes, mostly improving driving skill and the local track doing better with track prep has helped. I used to be afraid to leave on the two step LOL, but now, I can't even imagine leaving the line without it. LOL. It's currently set at about 5,000 rpm. That with preloading the suspension after a 2nd gear burnout has yielded me the best 60-foot times. Next year I hope/plan to step up to Full Drag Slicks and not just radials. We did some testing on another member's Maxima, and the 60-Foot times he cut on those M&H Full slicks was UNREAL. Consistent 1.8x 60-foot times with a best 1.7x 60-foot.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts