Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in Canada, and have a 2010 nissan Altima S, which, apparently, is a SL in the States. So I know I'm pre-wired for fogs, and bought an aftermarket set on ebay. I installed them in the bumper, plugged in my bulbs, and went to go turn them on, when, I realized my combo switch didnt have a setting for fog lights. Now, I know I can change my combo switch... but I payed the fogs 60 bucs, and a combo switch with fog light in Canada, about 200 bucks, even online despite my relentless search. The ebay one came with all the necassary harnesses, and a switch. However since I am prewired, I want to only use the switch... My problem is I cant find the final wire (and possibly connector) before it goes into the steering column. I assume that wire is just for the switch, so if I head it off, I can attach it to the aftermarket switch. And bingo presto... but to find that freakin wire... I need help.. pictures if possible, or very detailed description, because i'm bad with electrical stuff:confused:

·
Registered
951 Posts
So I'm in Canada, and have a 2010 nissan Altima S, which, apparently, is a SL in the States. So I know I'm pre-wired for fogs, and bought an aftermarket set on ebay. I installed them in the bumper, plugged in my bulbs, and went to go turn them on, when, I realized my combo switch didnt have a setting for fog lights. Now, I know I can change my combo switch... but I payed the fogs 60 bucs, and a combo switch with fog light in Canada, about 200 bucks, even online despite my relentless search. The ebay one came with all the necassary harnesses, and a switch. However since I am prewired, I want to only use the switch... My problem is I cant find the final wire (and possibly connector) before it goes into the steering column. I assume that wire is just for the switch, so if I head it off, I can attach it to the aftermarket switch. And bingo presto... but to find that freakin wire... I need help.. pictures if possible, or very detailed description, because i'm bad with electrical stuff:confused:
About the only thing you can do at this point is use the wiring harness that came with the kit. Follow those instructions or if possible send the kit back to the eBay seller, get your money back and buy the correct OEM package. Either way its going to set you back. The right kit will cost $250-$280 on ebay. Its about the same as getting the correct combo switch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont even know how I started this post, maybe I'm a noob, but it's three days i'm trying to figure out how to start a thread. Because I figured out how to install the fogs with the aftermarket kit... which from all the threads ive read, no one has, or its wayyy to complicated. mines easy peasy

·
Registered
421 Posts
I dont even know how I started this post, maybe I'm a noob, but it's three days i'm trying to figure out how to start a thread. Because I figured out how to install the fogs with the aftermarket kit... which from all the threads ive read, no one has, or its wayyy to complicated. mines easy peasy
I think you need 5 posts or more to be able to create new threads, other than in the new member area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
odd, I guess they dont want ppl saturating the forum with useless threads... but i figured out how to install aftermarket fogs, wanted to make a how-to

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should be over the five posts now. I'd like to see how you did it.

will try making my how to by this weekedm, its super simple, but a lot of explaining, i dont have pics to catalogue what i did, but its realllly easy once u know what to do, and the steps are easy to understand, once i make my how to, i'll post a link to it here also, so u can find it easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts