Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 altima runs fine usually, except that it sometimes loses its power (happens when the weather is hot, it seems). The ses light turns on and ECU gives p0605. I went to a shop, they turned the light off and the car ran as before.

Such things occur several times. Should I replace the ECU? I ordered a used ECU (part of the purpose is to diagnose the problem), but I had trouble to make it work with my key.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
33 Posts
My 2003 altima runs fine usually, except that it sometimes loses its power (happens when the weather is hot, it seems). The ses light turns on and ECU gives p0605. I went to a shop, they turned the light off and the car ran as before.

Such things occur several times. Should I replace the ECU? I ordered a used ECU (part of the purpose is to diagnose the problem), but I had trouble to make it work with my key.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

im no expert but i think a new ecu needs to have your keys programmed by a dealer using their special OBD computer. (only dealers have these and certain locksmiths).

also, the gas pedal on this car is controlled by the ecu i believe.

keep us posted and hope you solve this issue :(

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Idle problem?

Thanks to Gab2012 for answering my question. I went to a Nissan dealer and have had a new key. Now, the car becomes a different car. Its idle speed goes up and down from 1500 to 750 in a few seconds. Should I do any thing about it? Should I go to the dealer and let them reprogram the computer? As I know, Nissan has done some recall on Altima and I am not sure my new (used) ecu has an appropriate software in it.

· Registered
2,832 Posts
Thanks to Gab2012 for answering my question. I went to a Nissan dealer and have had a new key. Now, the car becomes a different car. Its idle speed goes up and down from 1500 to 750 in a few seconds. Should I do any thing about it? Should I go to the dealer and let them reprogram the computer? As I know, Nissan has done some recall on Altima and I am not sure my new (used) ecu has an appropriate software in it.

http://www.altimaforums.net/showthread.php?t=3708&highlight=idle+relearn

This may solve your problem. Worth a try

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.