Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have an 07 Altima here is the problem.
The AC is straight blowing hot air (outside air)
I took the car to a repair shop and they checked the ac compressor to see if it was working, if it was low on freeon.. everything is good they told me to replace the Ambient Air Temperature sensor which I did because the car wouldn't read the outside temperature.. so now is showing the outside temperature but AC still not working. One thing I've noticed is that there's a sensor connected to the radiator top right corner (is like a screw that goes inside the radiator and is connected to a plug)

I think it might be broken would this have anything to do with the AC?

Thanks in advance for the help

P.S: Car was in an accident before.
-- Car heating works fine
-- Car fan works fine

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes that sensor on top of the condenser is the pressure sensor. AC won't work if it's not plugged in or bad.

First thing I would check is have a helper sit inside the car and turn the engine off, AC off. Then open the hood and look down the radiator and have your helper turn on the AC and listen/watch the radiator fans and see if they turn on and off when you turn the AC on and off. Same goes with the AC compressor, see if it turns on and off. If they do turn on, then your AC system should be trying to turn on from the ECM. If your fans turn on but your compressor doesn't, then most likely your compressor clutch is bad and you'll need a new compressor.

I've seen a lot of AC compressor clutches be bad so if the fans are working, I'd take a test light and check to see if you're getting power to the AC compressor clutch. If so, and the clutch isn't working then your compressor is bad.

If your fans and compressor don't respond to the AC being turned on or off then you'll have other issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot @Turbizzy I went to a local repair shop they charged me 240$ total for a new condenser + sensor install.. pretty pissed off because I think that's a rip off price If i didn't live in the city and could do it myself, I would have done it. The AC is not working I need to take it back again so they can recharge the whole system.. that's gonna run me another 120 or so but hopefully this does it :(

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
$240 for a new condenser is not a bad deal at all. Nothing to complain about there. A/c troubles can be very expensive and can easily run into the thousands. I've priced three compressors for Altima's in the past week. I hope that's not your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$240 for a new condenser is not a bad deal at all. Nothing to complain about there. A/c troubles can be very expensive and can easily run into the thousands. I've priced three compressors for Altima's in the past week. I hope that's not your issue.
Sadly, I went back into the store yesterday to recharge the ac system with free-on... that didn't do it. The AC compressor is turning on but something must be wrong with it because is not pushing the cold AC.. they checked the lines and hoses and they're not getting cold either, one vent in the car is colder than the others.. so i'm now on my way to looking for a used AC compressor on eBay.. I hope this fixes it, I don't know what else it could be anymore :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts