Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 altima 2.5s.I am having a problem with the ac working sometimes and sometimes not.When it does work its cold and is full of refridgerant.Ive found that when its not working i can reac in and wiggle the plug from wiring harness to ac will cause it to kick on and will work for a while then stop until i repeat the process.Is it possible the plug could be cleaned or replaced or do i have something else going on? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
975 Posts
That's usually the best course if the problem is in the connector. We often see cheap pins on aftermarket units that are several thousandths thinner than spec and cause resistance in the clutch circuit. However, make sure the wires are good before you assume it's the connector, those wires are exposed and subject to both heat and vibration. On a 13 year old car you could easily have a partial break in one of the conductors. Wiggling various sections of the harness around the connector will generally help discriminate a bad wire from a bad pin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's usually the best course if the problem is in the connector. We often see cheap pins on aftermarket units that are several thousandths thinner than spec and cause resistance in the clutch circuit. However, make sure the wires are good before you assume it's the connector, those wires are exposed and subject to both heat and vibration. On a 13 year old car you could easily have a partial break in one of the conductors. Wiggling various sections of the harness around the connector will generally help discriminate a bad wire from a bad pin.
Seems like i can just barely touch the connector and it will come right on.I shouldve mentioned that it is an aftermarket replacement and is about 5 years old.Im gonna look at it more this weekend thanks alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts