Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've had some issues where my AC stops working while driving in heavy rain. Not so great when it's humid and the windows fog up too. I thought it may be water shorting out the electrical connection at the compressor (a missing splash shield beneath the engine?) but it appears ok. Anyone else have experience with this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I've had some issues where my AC stops working while driving in heavy rain. Not so great when it's humid and the windows fog up too. I thought it may be water shorting out the electrical connection at the compressor (a missing splash shield beneath the engine?) but it appears ok. Anyone else have experience with this?
Hi.I have the same experience. Have you fix it?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If the compressor still runs then it's likely your evap is freezing up with the high humidity. One of three things may be happening. You may have a slow evap drain tube that's allowing water to puddle at the base of the evap, partially blocking the airflow and allowing the unit to ice over. Second, you may have a marginal TXV valve that's letting the evap get too cold and causing a freeze-up in high humidity. Third, you may have a bad intake sensor on the evap that's causing a freeze-up indirectly, by not telling the HVAC when the evap is over-cold.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
PS - It's also possible (but less likely) that you have blocked cowl drains which are letting liquid water overflow into the HVAC in heavy rain conditions. That's not usually an Altima problem, it happens mostly to Versas which have tiny cowl drains, but it's not impossible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PS - It's also possible (but less likely) that you have blocked cowl drains which are letting liquid water overflow into the HVAC in heavy rain conditions. That's not usually an Altima problem, it happens mostly to Versas which have tiny cowl drains, but it's not impossible.
The issue is only when raining,inclusive in a sunny day if I wash the car,AC compressor stop working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts