Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to add fog lights to a 2019 SR. I ordered the aftermarket LED fog lights from eBay and the OEM Nissan bezels. I've been told the plugs for them are already up inside the bumper. What else would have to be done to make them functional. I want them to work with the headlight switch not an aftermarket switch. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This might sound crazy but my 2020 Altima SR has fog lights installed but no switch to turn them on. It is suppose to be on the left hand headlight/hi beams switch but mine doesn't have it. Why would Nissan put in fog lights with no way to turn them on? The owners manual says it is an option, which I am ok with, but why put the entire fog light unit in including yellow bulbs if there is no switch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm wanting to add fog lights to a 2019 SR. I ordered the aftermarket LED fog lights from eBay and the OEM Nissan bezels. I've been told the plugs for them are already up inside the bumper. What else would have to be done to make them functional. I want them to work with the headlight switch not an aftermarket switch. Thanks in advance.
If your 2019 SR is like my 2020 then the headlight stalk does not have the selector for the fog lights. My 2020 has the fog lights with yellow bulbs but there is no switch on the headlight stalk. Not sure if you want to go through the trouble of putting a different stalk on, I know I don't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed fog lights on my 2020 SR turbo. I can confirm they will not work without changing out the stalk. I purchased the stalk and will be replacing it this weekend. You need to pull the steering wheel to replace the stalk.

As for the other post saying his 2020 SR came with fog lights... It's not even an option for the SR. Maybe someone added them like I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed fog lights on my 2020 SR turbo. I can confirm they will not work without changing out the stalk. I purchased the stalk and will be replacing it this weekend. You need to pull the steering wheel to replace the stalk.

As for the other post saying his 2020 SR came with fog lights... It's not even an option for the SR. Maybe someone added them like I did.
I stand corrected. I thought the yellow lights at the bottom of the front grill were fog lights. I now realize they are the turn signal lights. I was confused because my 2106 Altima SR had fog lights in the same general location. Thanks for all the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts