Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Altima with no back-up camera. I would like to install one. Anyone know of a good BATTERY OPERATED camera that does not have to be attached to the car's wiring.?
The folks at Nissan tell me that if I connect an after-market camera to my back up lights, or any other wiring, I'll probably void the warranty.
Mahalo, Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's horse----. They cannot void your warranty simply for adding an aftermarket accessory like a camera. However, if you DO end up having a problem that is electronic related, and they can PROVE that the camera that you added is what caused the problem, THEN and only then can they void the warranty. But they can't void your entire warranty, just coverage for that one particular problem. Dealership techs are usually clueless these days when it comes to diagnosing problems. If their computer diagnostic equipment doesn't tell them what's wrong, and the problem isn't quite obvious, then most techs are clueless. Dealerships LOVE to blame ANY electrical related problems on ANY aftermarket electrical accessories. I've seen a dealer try to tell a guy that his crankshaft sensor going bad was caused by the aftermarket foglights that the owner just installed a week prior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Altima with no back-up camera. I would like to install one. Anyone know of a good BATTERY OPERATED camera that does not have to be attached to the car's wiring.?
The folks at Nissan tell me that if I connect an after-market camera to my back up lights, or any other wiring, I'll probably void the warranty.
Mahalo, Tom
you can use backup camera mirror is best ever backup camera for your car. its highly recommended

1 - 4 of 4 Posts