Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can see on the Courtesyparts, there is a sensor, 'SENSOR-INCAR' PN 27720-L32001 and a tube is attached to it.

Well, we'll see how it works, I just bought one on ebay...;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Subed for updates on this.
Lots of people asked, noone did yet from what I know.
Chances aren't on your side thou. Feel free to pm me with any questions u might have on this as id think theres gonna have to be some work done if this project is possible to begin with....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree.

I think the auto controller needs that 'in-car sensor.' We'll see what happens when I install.

Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at the wire diagram. It is too much trouble for the conversion. The main thing is that the connector for the controls are different. The non-auto-temp version does not have bunch of wires in the middle. But the auto-temp uses another sunlight sensor, in-cabin air temp sensor (little hole by the driverside, by your right knee) and outside air temp sensor. I was tempted to just 'wire-up those sensor to the controller, but it turns out I need the pig-tail for the auto controller.

Other than those three sensor, I think mechanically, both systems are same. By the looks of things in the FSM, both have same blower motor and other 'valves' to divert the air.

So, I haven't installed it yet. I am just waiting for the harness to show up on ebay...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at the wire diagram. It is too much trouble for the conversion. The main thing is that the connector for the controls are different. The non-auto-temp version does not have bunch of wires in the middle. But the auto-temp uses another sunlight sensor, in-cabin air temp sensor (little hole by the driverside, by your right knee) and outside air temp sensor. I was tempted to just 'wire-up those sensor to the controller, but it turns out I need the pig-tail for the auto controller.

Other than those three sensor, I think mechanically, both systems are same. By the looks of things in the FSM, both have same blower motor and other 'valves' to divert the air.

So, I haven't installed it yet. I am just waiting for the harness to show up on ebay...:rolleyes:
Did you ever get this done?

·
Registered
465 Posts
The non-auto-temp version does not have bunch of wires in the middle. But the auto-temp uses another sunlight sensor, in-cabin air temp sensor (little hole by the driverside, by your right knee) and outside air temp sensor. I was tempted to just 'wire-up those sensor to the controller, but it turns out I need the pig-tail for the auto controller.
Did you ever get this done?
I dunno if he did, but there's one other thing I'd add. It isn't just wiring. Because the Auto allows split temperatures for the driver and passenger, there are separate left/right blend doors. The entire HVAC is different to accommodate that. In practical terms, a full retrofit is impossible without ripping out the dash and steering crossmember to swap the whole HVAC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts