Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey forum , I have a 2008 4cyl nissan altima 2.5s what kind of performance upgrades can the car handle since I'm 16 with a mechanic family I wanted to get a turbo kit but I have searched everywhere I can think of yet still no turbo kits found , is this because there aren't any for the altima 2.5s?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I've seen turbo kits for QR25's up to '12, but unless you have the 6MT transmission you can't do it, the CVT won't handle turbo HP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen turbo kits for QR25's up to '12, but unless you have the 6MT transmission you can't do it, the CVT won't handle turbo HP.
I have the cvt so what your saying is the cvt transmission can't handle the hp increase from a turbo ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have the cvt so what your saying is the cvt transmission can't handle the hp increase from a turbo ?
Correct. You can do a very mild boost, the stock QR is about 170hp on an '08 and the CVT will handle about 250hp with a good cooler and frequent fluid changes. The only guy I know who was brave enough to push past that blew up his tranny about 3 months back, he was pushing 290hp and paid the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hé forum, j'ai une Nissan altima 2.5s 4cyl 2008 quel genre d'améliorations de performances la voiture peut-elle gérer depuis que j'ai 16 ans avec une famille de mécaniciens Je voulais obtenir un kit turbo mais j'ai cherché partout où je peux penser mais toujours pas de turbo kits trouvés, est-ce parce qu'il n'y en a pas pour les altima 2.5 ?
[/DEVIS]
pour avoir plus d'accélération, réduire la taille des pneus. if your tires are size 215-60-r16, install 205 55 16

·
Administrator
195 Posts
Hey forum , I have a 2008 4cyl nissan altima 2.5s what kind of performance upgrades can the car handle since I'm 16 with a mechanic family I wanted to get a turbo kit but I have searched everywhere I can think of yet still no turbo kits found , is this because there aren't any for the altima 2.5s?
Correct. You can do a very mild boost, the stock QR is about 170hp on an '08 and the CVT will handle about 250hp with a good cooler and frequent fluid changes. The only guy I know who was brave enough to push past that blew up his tranny about 3 months back, he was pushing 290hp and paid the price.
Here's a turbo kit for the 2002-2009 Nissan Altima Sedan with the 2.5L QR25 engine. The preset boost pressure is set at 4.5 psi and like VSTAR said stay with the low boost pressure setting to be on the safe side with the CVT. Do a lot of research and educate yourself before venturing into this arena.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts