Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey forum , I have a 2008 4cyl nissan altima 2.5s what kind of performance upgrades can the car handle since I'm 16 with a mechanic family I wanted to get a turbo kit but I have searched everywhere I can think of yet still no turbo kits found , is this because there aren't any for the altima 2.5s?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've seen turbo kits for QR25's up to '12, but unless you have the 6MT transmission you can't do it, the CVT won't handle turbo HP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen turbo kits for QR25's up to '12, but unless you have the 6MT transmission you can't do it, the CVT won't handle turbo HP.
I have the cvt so what your saying is the cvt transmission can't handle the hp increase from a turbo ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the cvt so what your saying is the cvt transmission can't handle the hp increase from a turbo ?
Correct. You can do a very mild boost, the stock QR is about 170hp on an '08 and the CVT will handle about 250hp with a good cooler and frequent fluid changes. The only guy I know who was brave enough to push past that blew up his tranny about 3 months back, he was pushing 290hp and paid the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts