Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Just purchased my 2019 SV this past week. I setup my Google Pixel 3a XL with Android Auto which updated the Android application which is much cleaner now. However prior to the update and new update I get random skips for a few seconds then it continues playing. Not sure anyone else has experienced this issue with Android Auto and Play Music. I have all the music downloaded locally to the phone so I don't eat my bandwidth.

For what it's worth I have also had this issue with multiple 2019 models I have rented like the S, SR and SL and I am using the standard USB connector in the Altima and have not tried a USB-C yet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have the same issue with my 2020 sr I'm going into the dealer for my first oil change soon imma see if they have update out to fix it if you just use bluetooth it's fine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I have been able to resolve about 98% of the skipping with the car and android auto. I have a Pixel 3a XL and purchased the following C to C adapter. It's a little small with the .5 ft length but seems to be working really well as it only skips when I change to a new playlist on the device. I drive about 45 minutes a day to and from work so it's much nicer now that I picked up the new USB cable off Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071H86QB6/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same issue I'm gonna order one those cords.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
my 19 S does it all the time. I have a Pixel2 xl. I use the C to C connection but it does not help me. Also having problems with the Google assistant when it comes through Android Auto

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got my type c to type c still having sound issues and sometimes Android auto doesn't come on screen kinda bummed. 2nd week with car

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK so I have been having issues once again after switching out the cable. I found a possible work around to solve the problem. I went into Android Settings < Bluetooth < MY ALTIMA and turned off Media Audio. Here is a screen shot of the settings. I will keep you all posted on how it's going. Sorry for the delay in responses the forums didn't email me when anyone posted.

Update: So far seems to be working, I had one minor skip after jumping 12 tracks but over all random with repeat seems to be working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll give it a try in the morning on the way to work.
I was going to let you all know, though, I contacted the people who made the Android auto app. And they led me to a forum where people share their bad experiences with Android auto. I came across a thread about 2019 Nissan Altima having problems with AA. The developers can't quite figure it out but think that it had something to do with the computer in the Altimas. It seems everyone with Altimas and versas were having the same problems.

OK so I have been having issues once again after switching out the cable. I found a possible work around to solve the problem. I went into Android Settings < Bluetooth < MY ALTIMA and turned off Media Audio. Here is a screen shot of the settings. I will keep you all posted on how it's going. Sorry for the delay in responses the forums didn't email me when anyone posted.

Update: So far seems to be working, I had one minor skip after jumping 12 tracks but over all random with repeat seems to be working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to let you all know, though, I contacted the people who made the Android auto app. And they led me to a forum where people share their bad experiences with Android auto. I came across a thread about 2019 Nissan Altima having problems with AA. The developers can't quite figure it out but think that it had something to do with the computer in the Altimas. It seems everyone with Altimas and versas were having the same problems.
ndl,

Can you post a link to these forums? Since I am a developer I might be able to assist if the source code is available. I doubt it's a hardware issue, these days it poorly written software that causes most issues. The fact that Nissan is forcing the Bluetooth link and then AA is trying to use the USB for audio at the same time maybe a good indication on why we are seeing issues. So far with about 60 minutes of drive time I have experienced a single skip with the Bluetooth Media audio off. So this is telling me something software related. I know Google in the past has had multiple issues with their Bluetooth stack since the release of the first Pixel to current Pixel offering and even as far back as their Nexus line as I used to also own the Nexus 4 and 6.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is the main page link. You have to scroll down to troubleshooting Android Auto. https://support.google.com/androidauto/?hl=en#topic=6347951

ndl,

Can you post a link to these forums? Since I am a developer I might be able to assist if the source code is available. I doubt it's a hardware issue, these days it poorly written software that causes most issues. The fact that Nissan is forcing the Bluetooth link and then AA is trying to use the USB for audio at the same time maybe a good indication on why we are seeing issues. So far with about 60 minutes of drive time I have experienced a single skip with the Bluetooth Media audio off. So this is telling me something software related. I know Google in the past has had multiple issues with their Bluetooth stack since the release of the first Pixel to current Pixel offering and even as far back as their Nexus line as I used to also own the Nexus 4 and 6.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its not just the Altima

It happens in a TON of cars, not just Nissan's. I've spoken to tech support for the Pixel 3 (my phone) and Android Auto. Google is aware of the problem, but has yet to announce a "fix" afaik.

Using a C to C cable and not leaving maps on screen while listening to music pretty much eliminates the issue but that is more of a work around than a fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just downloaded Android Auto 5.1.X and it's working so freaking much better! One minor and I mean minor skip with music and I was able to reply to multiple text messages on the way to work with out Android Auto doing the little spinney globe and canceling out.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/a-new-android-auto-version-is-now-available-with-highly-anticipated-improvements-141296.html

I hope this works. Since I'm new to Android auto I was thinking it was just a twerk in the system but definitely annoying. I downloaded the upgrade 5.1...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welp, I downloaded that new version....no luck for me. My Google assistant works once in a blue moon. I can't get it to read messages or even listen to my commands. It just sits there with the 4 little dots. About to lose all hope for it.

Just downloaded Android Auto 5.1.X and it's working so freaking much better! One minor and I mean minor skip with music and I was able to reply to multiple text messages on the way to work with out Android Auto doing the little spinney globe and canceling out.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/a-new-android-auto-version-is-now-available-with-highly-anticipated-improvements-141296.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to download 5.1?

Hi, stupid question.. Do I just update my phone or is there something I need to do on the infotainment system? The skipping on Pandora makes me nuts. I don’t even listen to it anymore. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You have to update the phone. Either manually or see if the Google play store has that update yet.

Hi, stupid question.. Do I just update my phone or is there something I need to do on the infotainment system? The skipping on Pandora makes me nuts. I don’t even listen to it anymore. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts