Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just bought the 2019 Altima, and love it. Unlike my previous Altima, the seatbelt chime is loud, lengthy, and basically ridiculous. Has anyone figured out a way to disable the chime on the driver's side? Don't get me wrong, I always wear my belt, and want the warning light to remain active. However, when I'm driving from my mailbox to my house... basically up a driveway... it goes off. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
What’s up , I’m with you on this the seatbelt chime is ridiculous on this car. I hope we can get this turned off somehow..

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I recently purchased an SR AWD. I had a 2017 Mazda. Somehow in that car if you immediately after turning the key to activate the accessories mode you inserted and removed at least five times (the more the better) the driver's seatbelt in the buckle, all within 10 seconds it would program the chime to be off. I remember doing it successfully, I have no idea if it works with the Altima, trying this method won't hurt anything. I will try it myself after work. (Frankly, the chime does not bother me since I use the seatbelt 100% of the time, not having control over the DRL's does.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it works please let me know. For everyone else, I’ve been wearing my seatbelt 100% since before it was law.

When I stop and get the mail, I don’t need it to go down the driveway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unplug the seatbelt harness

If you look down between the driver's seat and the center console, you will see a white plug. Unplug it. Your welcome! (don't worry, it doesn't affect arbag operation).

The only thing I haven't tested yet, is if it will affect the use of Pro-Pilot. I'll update tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After driving the car for the last few days I can confirm that unplugging the seat belt sensor doesn't interfere with propilot operation in any way. Also you can automatically release the parking brake by pressing the throttle now whether you are buckled or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I’ll try it tomorrow. I first asked the question almost a year ago! lol

After driving the car for the last few days I can confirm that unplugging the seat belt sensor doesn't interfere with propilot operation in any way. Also you can automatically release the parking brake by pressing the throttle now whether you are buckled or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seat Belt Plug

If you look down between the driver's seat and the center console, you will see a white plug. Unplug it. Your welcome! (don't worry, it doesn't affect arbag operation).

The only thing I haven't tested yet, is if it will affect the use of Pro-Pilot. I'll update tomorrow.

How do you get at that plug - looks like the seat has to come out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts