Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 nissan altima
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out if these are custom taillights (the reverse lights on the trunk) that I found on Google images, and if they are the real thing or not and if anybody has bought them. For the 16-18 models, I like them they look pretty good but I can't find anything on them except the one site and even once you click on the site to buy them it doesn't say anything on the site about them being custom. They look like normal everyday run of the mill inner taillight assemblies.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm pretty sure the red section on the inner lamps is custom, I believe it's an unlighted reflector on OE assemblies. Nissan lists the inners as "Backup Lamp" assemblies and I think only the clear portion normally lights up.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just confirmed it on a '17 lot car, on the OE lamps the red portion is just a reflector. So the ones in the pic are definitely custom. I presume you could wire them to either tail or brake, brake might be easier and just as cool if you already have a spoiler with the 3rd brake embedded.

·
Registered
2015 nissan altima
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya thats what I thought, I just couldn't figure out why they're only on this one site and nowhere else, I mean you can't find them or anything about them anywhere else online. Also, the fact that once clicking on the link and on the site, it says absolutely nothing about them being unique or custom or really anything at all about them, all that plus they're super super cheap like $37-$40 maybe a few dollars more but not more than $50 for each side. It makes you wonder....but they're definitely cheap enough for me to bite the bullet and just find out myself even if I just buy one side first just to verify everything is legit. But ya, I appreciate the response man thanks..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts