Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I paired my phone to the car

However, whenever I start the car, bluetooth on the car turns off. I have to automatically renable bluetooth via settings

How can I keep it on at all times?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got to tell them what stereo you have here too!

I believe the OP Sashi has a 2014 Altima 2.5S, 6speaker model without bose but has the backup camera.

I've not heard of this issue before so I don't think it's a common issue, perhaps someone with the same stereo can chime in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to bring it in to a dealership tomorrow to see what the problem is, maybe there is an update for the software

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright so I went to the dealership today

No go, all they did was tell me that my blackberry is not compatible with it.

Not sure how that makes sense but okay.. because the bluetooth IN the car doesn't seem to save the bluetooth settings to have ON at all times.

I just tried it with my girlfriends Note 3 and iPhone 4s as well as her sisters S4 & S5, still, the bluetooth says OFF everytime I start the car again and I have to reenable it via the settings.

Anyone have any issues? I'm going to go back to the dealership later this week.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Alright so I went to the dealership today

No go, all they did was tell me that my blackberry is not compatible with it.

Not sure how that makes sense but okay.. because the bluetooth IN the car doesn't seem to save the bluetooth settings to have ON at all times.

I just tried it with my girlfriends Note 3 and iPhone 4s as well as her sisters S4 & S5, still, the bluetooth says OFF everytime I start the car again and I have to reenable it via the settings.

Anyone have any issues? I'm going to go back to the dealership later this week.
See if you can get your hands on any of the cell phones on the compatible list when you go back to the dealer. That way they can't dismiss your problem as being because of the phone. I read other people's stories who had Bluetooth issues and the dealer blamed it on the phone, but after they borrowed an approved phone and it still had the issue, the stereo was replaced. Their problem was resolved and the original "un-approved" phone worked fine with the new stereo. Might even see if a $20 pay as you go phone is on the list...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first Altima I test drove had this issue. It connected once and then disconnected and wouldn't pair again. I tested the Bluetooth in all the cars I test drove. Thank God I went to another dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had issue but once I cleared old customers info my phone worked note 3. It always connects to first phone paired. I have 3 phones hooked up wife and daughter. Daughter can't use her phone if I'm in the car with mine unless she reprograms bluetooth. If I'm not in car she connects right away. Just my experience. I have 2015sl with nav and bose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts