Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Altima S without navigation. When I first got the car, it would offer the option to auto reply to incoming texts. It no longer offers that. It was in the menu in the display panel, but it's gone too.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

I have taken it to the dealership twice and after the team tried a handful of things they thought would do it, they gave up saying "It must be your phone." However, I'm not sure how my phone can make an option on the car disappear.

Anyone else have this experience? If so, any solutions?

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
No clue but would start going to a different dealer if possible. That is unacceptable to me. They should replace the whole unit.

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
If it's the phone, they should be able to pair it with another bluetooth device. Surely they would have had something there to try. I agree with Super, try with another dealer or ask for some new hardware or reprogramming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Appreciate the feedback.

Think there would be any harm in resetting the audio unit in the car - wiping out all the bluetooth units paired to it? Maybe starting fresh will do the trick?

Or maybe starting fresh with a new dealership would help too. :)

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
It's worth a shot. It won't hurt anything. Worse case it won't recognize your phone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts