Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. I have to say I love the car - runs great and handles like a dream. The only issue I have is with the Bose stereo that is in it. The display works, but doesn't light up when the headlights are switched to "auto" I have noticed that when the lights are switched to "off" on several occassions it has been illuminated. Is there a sensor somewhere that may be going bad? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks,

'Drew

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
its the bose man i dont no why nissan keeps using them they are junk they allways break i dont care what nissan they are in they break just get aftermarket dd

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Do all the interior lights in the car work normally when you turn the lights to auto? What happens when you turn the lights to the on position as apposed to auto? Have you tried adjusting the dimmer switch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rest of the lights are fine - i.e. the dash lights and what not all work fine. I have tried the dimmer swith and it makes no difference what position it is in. I may try to re-wire the radio - taking the wires for the illumination and tying them into the main power of the radio which would keep the light on everytime the radio was powered. Which I think should work - worst case, it fries the stereo and I try something new. Any other thoughts????

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have (HAD) the bose 6 disc changer system in my car and any CD that you put in it (even brand new CD's) always skipped, and the radio reception was crap. I went with a Pioneer Double Din DVD setup and have never looked back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts