Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Altima 3.5 SE with the upgraded Bose Radio/Navigation unit. This is straight from the factory with no modifications. 2 years ago the radio started acting up, and I would get very loud "pops" coming from the back speakers through the music. The pops got more frequent until nothing but extremely loud pops were coming out. It got to a point were the pops were happening even when the radio was off. I ended up disconnecting the amp to eliminate the pops but no sound can come from any of the speakers now. The radioand head unit still work, even navigation, but without sound.

I purchsed a replacement amp by Bose, same model number as the factory. The amp was used but had been tested for performance. But when I installed it I still had the "popping" issue.

It seems the Amp is not the issue. Anyone else have this problem? Any remedies?

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
could be a grounding issue. Maybe the area where the bose amp bolts too is corroded or not getting a good enough tight connection or could be the ground where the head unit is bolted to which is loose.

Another issue could be the rear 6x9 speakers going out. Bose and non bose speakers are just crap, made of paper and foam surrounds so they'll go out within 2 years. Usually they won't handle a lot of abuse especially if you like to crank up the volume

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts