Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a second set of brake calipers for the Altima SR Turbo. I can't find any online. I'm almost certain the brakes are different from the non turbo Altima so I probably can't use any brake set from any other Altima L34. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Dunno which year you have, but for the '19 there's no difference in front calipers, pads, or rotors on any version. The rears are only different for AWD, the FWD's including the SR all use the same parts. That might be different upstream for the '20+ SR, I doubt it but I don't have any way to check here at home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno which year you have, but for the '19 there's no difference in front calipers, pads, or rotors on any version. The rears are only different for AWD, the FWD's including the SR all use the same parts. That might be different upstream for the '20+ SR, I doubt it but I don't have any way to check here at home.
Thanks
Right. I know you need bigger brakes for vehicles with more power for better stopping power generally speaking. I have a 2022 model. I understand manufacturers make adjustments or changes with certain year models. I learned that the engine ECU for the 2022 SR Turbo is different from its predecessors (earlier Atima SR Turbos) so I can't use the same aftermarket air intake systems for the 2019-2021 altima SR Turbo. It calculates fuel to air ratio differently. Sucks big time. I bought an AEM intake that I can't use. Some parts carrying over but I'm sure about the brakes.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I can check tomorrow on the brake parts, I just can't access the DPC database here at home. Vis the intake, you might try reeducating the ECM by doing an IAVL procedure and see what happens. If it still doesn't breathe right, you can always undo it by IAVL'ing back to the OE intake. If your scanner doesn't support IAVL, the CVTz50 and NDS-III apps both have the capability.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can check tomorrow on the brake parts, I just can't access the DPC database here at home. Vis the intake, you might try reeducating the ECM by doing an IAVL procedure and see what happens. If it still doesn't breathe right, you can always undo it by IAVL'ing back to the OE intake. If your scanner doesn't support IAVL, the CVTz50 and NDS-III apps both have the capability.
Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts