Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi @VStar650CL Nissan master
Is it true the [Akebono-ACT905A] is not fit for the 2019 Altima AWD with the electric brake? :( (What is wrong with the electric brake? I checked the Akebono website it confirms ACT905A fit for AWD, but it doesn't mention the electric brake)

Do you have an aftermarket brake pad recommended? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
They're definitely different parts, one takes D4060-9HU0A, the other takes D4060-6CA0A. Not sure which is which from the EPC, so go to NissanPartsDeal.com and plug in your VIN number. That will give you the Nissan p/n your ride was built with. Post back which number you get, I'm sure other people are suffering the same confusion. Once you have the Nissan p/n, you can use RockAuto's part number search or use the number for googling equivalents elsewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're definitely different parts, one takes D4060-9HU0A, the other takes D4060-6CA0A. Not sure which is which from the EPC, so go to NissanPartsDeal.com and plug in your VIN number. That will give you the Nissan p/n your ride was built with. Post back which number you get, I'm sure other people are suffering the same confusion. Once you have the Nissan p/n, you can use RockAuto's part number search or use the number for googling equivalents elsewhere.
Thank u so much! @VStar650CL Always helpful and quick response.

D4060-6CA0A is fit for my 2019 Altima S AWD with electric brake. Akebono said it's fitted for S AWD, but it does not tell fit for electric brake or not. Is it more difficult to change the rear brake for the Altima with electric brake?

Font Screenshot Parallel Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Is it more difficult to change the rear brake for the Altima with electric brake?
It is if you don't have a scanner with EPB work support. You need to put the EPB controller in "service mode" to change the pads and then do a "position learn" after the new pads are installed. Don't ask me about which scanners will do it, I use the Nissan Consult3+ at the shop and I don't know about any aftermarket units. Maybe Rogo or someone else here can chime in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is if you don't have a scanner with EPB work support. You need to put the EPB controller in "service mode" to change the pads and then do a "position learn" after the new pads are installed. Don't ask me about which scanners will do it, I use the Nissan Consult3+ at the shop and I don't know about any aftermarket units. Maybe Rogo or someone else here can chime in.
Thanks! Not sure if my mechanic can replace the rear brake pad, he only focuses on Toyota. :( Otherwise, I have to pay $780 for change front and rear at the local dealer💸

1 - 7 of 7 Posts