Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I'm unsure about the front rotors on my SE-R. I know I need new ones, not sure if I should stay with stock or is there something better out there? Any insight would be great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Know ones had to change rotors yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Yea mine are warped,more evident at higher speeds. I'll post what I put on. Love this car!:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
If they haven't been machined before you can get them turned and they will last a while longer. Most rotors warp after a period of time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they haven't been machined before you can get them turned and they will last a while longer. Most rotors warp after a period of time.
Thanks dude, didn't even think about a turn down (duh!). A simple fix for a little while longer anyway. I'm curious if anyone makes a drilled vented front rotor worth a crap....for the future of course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put Powerslot rotors all around my 05 Altima. It cost around $500 for the rotors and pads. So far no problems with about 3000 miles on them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I wonder if you couldn't just drill them yourself..

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could try but I don't think it would work very well. A regular bit you have to drill straight into it. They use a machining tool to drill the holes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you drill them yourself you are going to compromise the integrity of the rotor. Crossdrilled rotors are weak as they are. You are better off just buying slotted rotors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts