Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very aggravated and in no position to be able to pay all these diagnostics and wasting time. I went to the dealership after unplugging my steering wheel lock replacing the fusible link again and plugging the steering wheel lock back in. Still doesn’t recognize the key but that’s the only way I can get the car to start without blowing the fusible link. So I did my research and found that it was obviously a large current that was going to the battery when I tried starting so before I went to jump it I would unplug the steering wheel lock. I told Nissan I KNEW I needed and new steering lock. And they call me and tell me that’s the problem and 2000$ to fix. Or 400$ in diagnostics! EITHER WAY I TOLD THEM I KNEW THE STEERING WHEEL LOCK NEEDED TO BE REPLACED I DID MY MONTHS OF RESEARCH! I needed to know why the fusible link was blowing! And that’s what my complaint was when I dropped it off? So why should I be paying 400$ in diagnostic’s to tell me what I already knew?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE; just went to Nissan to get my car. Nothing was fixed I was told it’s the steering wheel lock JUST LIKE I SAID but no diagnosis for the fusible link blowing. I pretty much had them cornered bc of the research I have done and I drove the car to the dealership and now I’m picking it up and it won’t start? The head tech brought a potable battery hooked it up, nothing. He goes to get the other tech and he comes out with a circuit board, plugged it in where the steering lock goes and it started up. I knew it, and I said your charging me for 3 hours of work when that took 5 minutes? They felt real stupid. I know it’s their job, but I couldn’t sleep at night knowing I’m scamming people for thousands while there is a device to bypass and for people who don’t have the money for a 2000$ fix.

· Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE; just went to Nissan to get my car. Nothing was fixed I was told it’s the steering wheel lock JUST LIKE I SAID but no diagnosis for the fusible link blowing. I pretty much had them cornered bc of the research I have done and I drove the car to the dealership and now I’m picking it up and it won’t start? The head tech brought a potable battery hooked it up, nothing. He goes to get the other tech and he comes out with a circuit board, plugged it in where the steering lock goes and it started up. I knew it, and I said your charging me for 3 hours of work when that took 5 minutes? They felt real stupid. I know it’s their job, but I couldn’t sleep at night knowing I’m scamming people for thousands while there is a device to bypass and for people who don’t have the money for a 2000$ fix.
I'm on the same boat car would not start took to dealer they said steering lock module bad want $1700 to fix im not puting that much $ in that 2009 altima they has to be a bypass for that any ideas out there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts