Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle 05 altima 3.5 5MT. 182k on body 87k on motor. I have been fighting this issue for weeks. For months once vehicle starts to show temp on the gauge if i have more than 50% throttle input and rpms get to 4k. It will buck violently until after 5k. Then it smooths out but if i slowly ease into that rpm range than it wont do it. also wont do it with a cold engine. I have no codes except for rear 02 sensor inop. I have tried a used maf. i replaced the cam and crank sensors. Still an issue still no dtc for anything but o2 sensor. Please if anyone can help at all.

·
Registered
212 Posts
also wont do it with a cold engine.
Honestly I have never heard of this kind of thing but maybe here's a clue. What's the difference between a cold and hot engine? Mixture setting, is what. I'm wondering if it's running too lean after it warms up, causing detonation? The first thing I would do is check very carefully for air leaks in the induction system. Failing that I'd try to borrow a MAF for a temp swap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked for air leaks and dont have any replaced upper intake gasket and have aftermarket intake. I have finally got a code for p0300. Iv replaced spark plugs a coupke of coils and replaced MAF, both cam sensors, low mileage throttle body. Also when i data log i noticed when the misfire happens the data seems to freeze and stays at the same value for about 3 seconds then clears up and continues its sweep. Im suspecting a ECM issue at this point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts