Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Depends on the year and miles, if it's an '18 with reasonably low miles then the book value will probably be enough to justify fixing it. If it's a '16~'17 or has high miles then it's almost certainly doomed to the JY.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the year and miles, if it's an '18 with reasonably low miles then the book value will probably be enough to justify fixing it. If it's a '16~'17 or has high miles then it's almost certainly doomed to the JY.
It’s a 2017 and it had about 27,000 miles

·
Registered
399 Posts
It’s a 2017 and it had about 27,000 miles
The "buy" book on that won't be much more than what you owe, and the "trade in" book will be much lower. With one whole side of the vehicle wiped out, the damage looks to exceed that even if the rear frame survived the impact to the wheel. I'm pretty sure they'll total it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sorry you had an accident and I hope you are ok. Please go to the doctors and get checked if you haven't already. Healing from whiplash and/or a concussion is is a process, and if you have those the symptoms can show up days, weeks or months later. You want to make sure if you have any soft tissue issues, you heal properly.
Your car looks to be a total loss. Insurance companies typically cover up to 70% of the vehicle value. If its over that 70% they will total it. Some companies do more or less, just depends on the insurance company. Unfortunately, it doesn't have anything to do with what you owe. Also, just looking at the pictures the damage it is well over 10k and thats without seeing internal supports of the quarter panel or frame. You have lower mileage which is good, because that is where realistically the value from insurance comes from. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts