Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
Can someone show diagram (how many) on the Camshaft sensors on 2010 Altima 2.5.
I found one closer to the coolant hose and thermostat near corner of the engine on driver side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

here is the pictures which I think also may be a camshaft on the top near spark #4.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The one you circled is the CMP. There's only one CMP on a '10 2.5, it doesn't have an exhaust cam sensor like later models. The crank sensor (CKP) will be on the rear of the block above the exhaust pipe, impossible to see from the top and hard to see even when lifted because of the pipe and the axle half-shaft. Can't tell exactly what your first pic is looking at, but if it's under the airbox on the CVT housing then it's the Secondary Speed sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one you circled is the CMP. There's only one CMP on a '10 2.5, it doesn't have an exhaust cam sensor like later models. The crank sensor (CKP) will be on the rear of the block above the exhaust pipe, impossible to see from the top and hard to see even when lifted because of the pipe and the axle half-shaft. Can't tell exactly what your first pic is looking at, but if it's under the airbox on the CVT housing then it's the Secondary Speed sensor.
Thank you Yes it's near the CVT and CKP is even lower and you need to work blind, on that one, I removed the bracket and allows more accessibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts