Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 nissan altima. I have ran into this problem 3 times within 1 1/2 months. All times while entering the freeway. My car jerks and will not go pass 20 mph and rpm will not go pass 2 and half. When I pull over and put it in park rev the car then turn off after the third time it fixes itself. Can anyone let me know what can be going on.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sounds like the ECM or TCM is going into "limp mode". There are hundreds of things which can cause that. You need to get a scanner and see what codes are stored in the engine and tranny.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sounds like same issue with me 2011 Altima check engine soon light traction control engages can’t accelerate. Car is a damn lemon.
Heck, yeah, you shouldn't need to do any diagnosis on a car that only gave 10 years of service. Codes hell, it should run at least 20 without a service light, shouldn't it? :p

Tch, tch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
similar issue here. I'm going after the throttle body. I think its the sensor due to lack of registering acceleration when connected to ecm. Can't seem to find the sensor by itself so I'm changing it out with one from rockauto, Will report back.

·
Administrator
307 Posts
similar issue here. I'm going after the throttle body. I think its the sensor due to lack of registering acceleration when connected to ecm. Can't seem to find the sensor by itself so I'm changing it out with one from rockauto, Will report back.
Just be aware; if you plan to mess with the throttle body by disconnecting wiring, you'll have to perform an IAVL after finishing the work, otherwise you'll have idling problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's called sarcasm. I'm told most people of average intelligence can recognize it when they see it.
When People are struggling to put food on the table and maybe the vehicle is their only way of getting to a job or medical appointment they don't have time for sarcasm or People making fun of their situation 🤔

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
When People are struggling to put food on the table and maybe the vehicle is their only way of getting to a job or medical appointment they don't have time for sarcasm or People making fun of their situation 🤔
Asking questions gets you much further than simply b#$%ing about failures in a 10 year old vehicle, which are bound to happen in any 10-year-old vehicle even with perfect care. This particular OP was badly abused by a dealership that didn't know what it was doing, as I commented in a different post where he explained his situation instead of just b#$%ing about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.