Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi having a little trouble with my daughters 08 altima 4cyl. it starts up great and revs just find. but when put it drive i get no response from gas pedal. Some it just crawls along.. Scared to put daughter in to this car..

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sounds like it's in "limp mode" because of a problem in the engine or tranny, so the ECM is limiting throttle opening. I presume the MIL (engine light) is lit. If so, scan the ECM and TCM for codes and you'll find out what's going on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it's in "limp mode" because of a problem in the engine or tranny, so the ECM is limiting throttle opening. I presume the MIL (engine light) is lit. If so, scan the ECM and TCM for codes and you'll find out what's going on.
Thanks for the reply..Funny thing is the engine light is not on..
Light is not on ..it was very low on eng and tranny .I added. How do i get it out limp mode

·
Registered
715 Posts
Not all trans codes will light the MIL. In fact, with CVT's, most of them won't. Make certain you didn't over-fill the CVT even a tiny bit, half a pint high is enough to foam the fluid and destroy the belt. Depending on the codes, some will clear themselves and some won't. If yours won't, you'll need to find a TCM-capable scanner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not all trans codes will light the MIL. In fact, with CVT's, most of them won't. Make certain you didn't over-fill the CVT even a tiny bit, half a pint high is enough to foam the fluid and destroy the belt. Depending on the codes, some will clear themselves and some won't. If yours won't, you'll need to find a TCM-capable scanner.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts