Nissan Altima Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So is there an ending to this story? I'd really like to know how it was repaired.
Well after about 2 months of it being in the shop, it turns out that one of the wires on the harness was severed. The wire was damaged when i ran the power cable for my amp through the firewall. I don't understand how they didn't think of testing the wiring up until now. They told me they had swapped in a new BCM, and they were swapping parts from a known good Altima and they wouldn't work in my car, but they put my parts into the other one, and it worked fine.
So the problem was found, and it is currently being repaired.
Lets just say, this is the most expensive stereo install EVER.

· Registered
1 Posts
I had similar issues with my Nissan Altima 2008. The only way I could turn off was to remove the battery cables.
I went to an Car electrician and he said the problem might be with the fuse box. When he opened the fuse box it was covered in oil. He said that this can't be fixed and the only way is to replace this fuse box.
and he asked me to leave the car for 2 days so that he can search for the exact model of fuse box. This sounded fishy to me so I told him that I can't leave my car but I will be back in 2 days. Before leaving he took pictures of the fuse box so that he can send it some guy he knows.
When I reached home I cleaned the fuse box with some cloth and tissue paper. Next day same problem, I opened the fuse box again and found it covered in oil but this time only little. So I cleaned it again. Its been 2 months and it seems like the problem has been fixed.

· Registered
2 Posts
My son has a 2009 Altima Base model. Same thing happened. Had to pull fuses and disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. However, it would not start up again normally. Had to have him connect the negative while I had my foot on gas and brake and finger on push start, to start it. Spoke with local Nissan dealership and they asked if he had an aftermarket auto-start, which he does. They want us to bring it in to try to recode the intelligent key (or replace it). I asked about the BCM but they said it's the key based on the warning lights and what was happening. Known issue they said. Will repost once fixed.

· Registered
1 Posts
My son has a 2009 Altima Base model. Same thing happened. Had to pull fuses and disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. However, it would not start up again normally. Had to have him connect the negative while I had my foot on gas and brake and finger on push start, to start it. Spoke with local Nissan dealership and they asked if he had an aftermarket auto-start, which he does. They want us to bring it in to try to recode the intelligent key (or replace it). I asked about the BCM but they said it's the key based on the warning lights and what was happening. Known issue they said. Will repost once fixed.
I'm having the same problem with my 14 nissan it wouldn't shut off had to unplug the spark plugs to get it to shut off then it wouldn't start. My mechanic thinks it's the key fob but nissan said it wouldn't cause the car to not want to shut off. I also have an ikey system error on the dash. What could it be??

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 14 nissan it wouldn't shut off had to unplug the spark plugs to get it to shut off then it wouldn't start. My mechanic thinks it's the key fob but nissan said it wouldn't cause the car to not want to shut off. I also have an ikey system error on the dash. What could it be??
So the local Nissan dealership installed a new battery, key box, and push button but nothing worked. He’s in for $1200 and still a dead car. Their “master tech” at big Nissan said it’s either the BCM or the ECU. Well, the BCM takes his tally to $3k and if that doesn’t work, the ECU will bring it to $7k. For a car that books out at $3500. Needless to say, not worth the chance. He’s junking it and already put a deposit down on a new Civic. Nissan lost out with poor troubleshooting and trying to fleece a kid with recreational maintenance and supplies.

· Registered
3 Posts
Ok guys, today i pulled the battery on my car, and after connecting it again, i turned the car on and noticed an amber icon that said "KEY" on it stayed illuminated, so i drove off, came back home, and the damn thing would not shut off. I pressed the button and it would turn my dash off for 2 seconds, and would turn right back on. The car stayed on.
Now the car wouldn't shut off. I looked up the fsm and pulled a fuse to get it to shut off....but what could possibly cause this problem? Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
I only have one Ikey and i replaced the battery a few days ago, and wasn't having any problems until just now.
Its an 09 Altima 2.5 SL
I spoke with Nissan engineers about it both times it occurred(two different vehicles). Both times, I was told that it is an extremely rare glitch in the bcm causing the system to basically forget what it is supposed to do.

· Registered
1 Posts
You and I...Im dealing with the same exact problem...Turns on as normal but will not shutoff...not the ignition button (has been replaced) not remote battery (otherwise it wouldn't turn on) So what in the world is it? I'm willing to try Steering Lock Unit but figure it would probably not start if it were SLU Right? So leaning towards Body Control Module...bummer

21 - 28 of 28 Posts