Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY!!!...some legal justice for those who bought 2013 & 2014 Nissan vehicles and have had to put up with the infamous CVT "shudder" or complete CVT failure! Lots of June 11 info on the web. So my 2013 "newly re-designed" Altima is now a worthless hunk with a well document lousy transmission history. It will be my only and last Nissan product.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2014 Altima 3.5SL, 88200 mi
Is there any recommendation for anything to do to help extend the life of these transmissions if they haven't failed yet?

·
Registered
212 Posts
How awful. You have my sympathy. Even the pre-CVT gearbox had its issues. I have a 2002 3.5SE and at 55,000 I had to have the transmission replaced with a recon one, and even so, the car will not climb the local mountain roads without the tranny overheating, even after I had an additional tranny cooler installed. It's my belief that Nissan trannies are under-engineered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been worried for months now with my 2014 3.5SL. Had the shudder when I 1st got the car Nissan tried to make me believe it was nothing. I'm praying my car run long enough that I can get rid of it before it becomes a oversized paperweight. Hopefully Nissan steps up to the plate and take care of the issue but doesn't seem they will.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ya, about that final settlement deal . . .

Did any other 2013-2016 Altima owners receive the official "LEGAL NOTICE" postcard in the mail on February 1st 2020 like I did. A full 30 days past the official DEADLINE for submitting a claim?

Not that it was going to help me in my situation. You see, the "proposed" settlement was only for a 2 year or 24,000 mile warranty extension on the CVT. And unfortunately for me, we had to replace our 2015 Altima's CVT at 10,000 miles beyond the proposed warranty extension.

So I'm left holding the $4,500 bill for a new factory remanufactured CVT! Agghhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The settlement allows for a full refund IF A NISSAN DEALER replaced the tranny or up to $5000 if another shop replaced it but you’ll need receipts.

The notice was not to opt IN.....you’re already IN. YOU CAN FILE A CLAIM ANYTIME AFTER the final settlement is approved by the court.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear novelist had to replace a traditional auto. I'm still driving my 1995 Altima almost 200k now still the original trans. It was built when Nissan was still pure Japanese. I will drive it 'til it dies then buy a new car that is not a Nissan, Subaru or anything that has a Jatco CVT. I think Carlos Ghosn is a free man, at least until the trial. But maybe you guys can get on the jury and get justice for everyone that got the CVT 'shaft'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So... is threre replacement option for thre trans? If you haven't replaced it? I have concerns since im the second owner and I can feel the shudder at times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts