Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
My apologies if this is posted in the wrong area.

My girlfriend owns an '03 (I think) Nissan Altima. She's been hearing a steady clicking noises behind the dash (sounds like a turn signal). It usually lasts for about 20 seconds, but often repeats. Lately it's been repeating over and over again. Additionally, when the dash light is off during the daylight, it will start flashing in synch with the clicking noise. Today the car wouldn't start. It seems like we're buying car batteries every 12-18 months. It seems like there may be a short somewhere, or, there may be a problem with the alternator or starter.

Anyone have any input, ideas, advice?
Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
my wife has a 94 and is experiencing the same thing sorta, flashing dash panel lights as well as the lights near the shifter sometimes when she starts the car just without the clicking sound. :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
i used to have an 02 3.5. it did the same thing. it was the dimmer switch AND one of the fuses...totally cant remember which one. on a side note, i have an 03 now and it turns out a loose connection in the tail light housing makes it so your radio and heater lights, park lights and dimmer switch dont work...weird. so get out a meter and do some contiuity tests everywhere. you'll find it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
so get out a meter and do some contiuity tests everywhere. you'll find it.
I don't have that problem but....Man, I love it. I dont know shat about electricity. I do have a meter. I can tell sometimes if a fuse is good. Other than that, you might as well ask me to make some grits and use a meter. I would look at you in the same way. Lol. I have to teach my self some more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i used to have an 02 3.5. it did the same thing. it was the dimmer switch AND one of the fuses...totally cant remember which one. on a side note, i have an 03 now and it turns out a loose connection in the tail light housing makes it so your radio and heater lights, park lights and dimmer switch dont work...weird. so get out a meter and do some contiuity tests everywhere. you'll find it.
i´m having the same issue, or at least it seems that way, before the lights (dash, heater, parking) don´t work at all, did they use to flicker for a few seconds? I know you wrote this long time ago, but looking all over the internet, your post is the only that describes almost exactly my problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts