Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father just got a 2010 Nissan Altima. He wanted me to replace the radio and well I wasnt paying attention, as I was exhausted from helping a friend fix his car timing all day that day, well I accidentally spliced the Climate Control Unit wires instead of the radio. After realization I tried to fix it but I cut the wires to close the connector and cant just use electrical tape to fix it as thats all I had. His unit still works so all I need is the connector. But I cant find that 16 pin pigtail anywhere, im not trying to buy a whole new unit as well and most I do find dont have that connector on it. So I am posting this to see if anyone on this forum can help me as my father wont leave me alone about it since he DoorDashes for a living and Texas weather is very unpredictable.

Thank you

Picture below is the connector that I cut

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Post pics from all angles. If it's the connector I think, we have plenty of them in the used connector box at the dealership. Won't be free (I get charged for raiding it), but it won't cost a ton either.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post pics from all angles. If it's the connector I think, we have plenty of them in the used connector box at the dealership. Won't be free (I get charged for raiding it), but it won't cost a ton either.
Its a 16 pin connector tgat goes on the back of the Climate Control Unit. The part number for tge unit is 27510ZX00A. Im waiting on my father or brother to send me pics and I will upload them once received

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Good enough. That's a pretty common connector type for interior ECU's, used on various models for everything from Sonar to heated seats. I'm sure you can find one in the U-Pullit, but if you can't or don't want to, I'm sure I can find you one.

· Registered
21 Posts
Speaking of the climate control, In my 2007 Altima 3.5SE, the control knob often doesn't respond when I turn it to increase the fan speed. If I pull on it while turning it, it does. I am wondering if the contacts need cleaning. How do I remove the knob to get to the contacts? Is that the solution? Thanks.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
You can't remove those knobs without taking the unit half apart, but it's usually just a dirty encoder causing the issue. Most of the time spraying WD40 down in the seams, letting it sit for awhile, then using a foam drill pad to spin the knob will fix them up. Messy but it usually works. Compressed air down in the seams can help too. The units aren't hard to remove and there are lots of them on eBay for $40~50, so if you can't fix it, replacing it isn't a big deal. Just get the Nissan part number off the tag on it, or look up your original part number by VIN in NissanPartsDeal.com. Then use that number to search and you'll get the right replacement.

· Registered
37 Posts
If there is a salvage yard near you, could probably get a new connector with longer wires. Also, I suggest heat shrink wrap each wire. Electric tape won't stay long. Another option is to get some wire of the same guage, extend the little nubs, add a drop of solder where they connect (if you have a soldering iron) and then heat shrink wrap each wire. Make sure to label each color of wire if you cannot see the sleeve

· Registered
37 Posts
One more option if the Nissan guy up there doesn't have a connector. Go to ebay right now and search "2010 2011 2012 2013 Nissan Altima Heater AC Climate Control 27510ZX00A". Someone is selling a climate control unit for $26.20. On one of the pictures, it shows your connector still on that unit (with longer wires). See if you can convince the eBay seller to sell you just the connector instead of the entire heater control... Maybe for $5-$10

· Registered
1,455 Posts
If there is a salvage yard near you, could probably get a new connector with longer wires. Also, I suggest heat shrink wrap each wire. Electric tape won't stay long. Another option is to get some wire of the same guage, extend the little nubs, add a drop of solder where they connect (if you have a soldering iron) and then heat shrink wrap each wire. Make sure to label each color of wire if you cannot see the sleeve
That's strictly old school, try these. They're God's gift to good wire splicing, waterproof and soldered in one operation:

White Light Product Font Line

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.