Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this 2017 Altima about a month ago. I'm pretty good with figuring the controls out, but I think there is no way to change this. If there is I would be sooo thankful. Ok, the climate controls are in C° and have not found any way to change to F°. It is not in the Vehicle Settings on dash or in Settings controlled by the radio. (Possibly could be from Canada, not sure if that would make controls permanent for C°?)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Went through this with some Canadian Rogues on a different website. The C/F is built into the HVAC Controller's firmware and it can't be reprogrammed. Nissan calls it the "A/C Auto Amp" and it's mounted underneath the radio, sharing the radio mounting brackets. You need to change it to a US-market version.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
There are two possible part numbers for it, 27760-9HU0A and 27760-9HS0A. I'd suggest popping the radio loose so you can get a look at the part number tag. I believe the series number "HU" or "HS" should follow with the Canadian part. Get whichever one corresponds to the p/n series on your existing controller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased this 2017 Altima about a month ago. I'm pretty good with figuring the controls out, but I think there is no way to change this. If there is I would be sooo thankful. Ok, the climate controls are in C° and have not found any way to change to F°. It is not in the Vehicle Settings on dash or in Settings controlled by the radio. (Possibly could be from Canada, not sure if that would make controls permanent for C°?)
Sounds to me like someone did a total ECU reset and the computer needs to be reprogrammed. Because the vehicle only self learns a few things. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
It has nothing to do with a reset, the C/F display configuration is "hard coded" into the A/C Auto Amp firmware. The part needs to be changed, there's no other method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.