Nissan Altima Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did. It didn't fix it. However the plastic piece at the back of the trunk was vibrating. I used some gorilla double-sided tape on the inside of it and the rattling went away for the most part.

Can you describe your rattling? Mine is a thud that occurs 1x, it occurs a few times per drive, and almost exclusively when I turn right. I'm thinking: rear shocks, I've read about some loose bolts in the rear wheel well that can produce the same noise, possibly a hanging exhaust that is hitting the trunk or bar. But, if the problem is as easy as the storage jack for the spare knocking around, or taping down the plastic piece of the trunk that would be great.
It was a loud thumping sound when hitting certain types of bumps, mostly with my right wheels. I thought maybe my exhaust and changed all of my mounts etc also, didn't resolve. This seems to have worked though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you describe your rattling? Mine is a thud that occurs 1x, it occurs a few times per drive, and almost exclusively when I turn right. I'm thinking: rear shocks, I've read about some loose bolts in the rear wheel well that can produce the same noise, possibly a hanging exhaust that is hitting the trunk or bar. But, if the problem is as easy as the storage jack for the spare knocking around, or taping down the plastic piece of the trunk that would be great.
My 18 had this issue. After replacing shocks, strut bearings and a few other things, still heard the thud. Started doing it around 1000 miles. I traded for a 20 SR at 35K cause I had a bad feeling it would wait till post bumper-to-bumper and not be covered by extended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drive a 2018 but had the same issue, turned out to be the little storage for the jack that sits on top of the spare tire. I removed it, no noise and ordered the trunk under carpet organizer that also sits ontop of the spare tire but covers the entire subfloor. No more noise
Would you send the url for the “carpet organizer” you ordered? Thanks!
[email protected]

21 - 23 of 23 Posts