Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Nissan Altima S, it started to act up and SES light came on. I had the code reader installed on it at Autozone a it set a code P0171 and a P0300. I know what the codes are, but don't have any clues on how to fix them. Any ideas would help. Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
P0171 - Fuel Injection System Lean
P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire
Your car may have the same problem as mine. There is a recall on it.

NTB07-081 VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN
2002, 2005, 2006 ALTIMA, SENTRA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN ECM REPROGRAM (2.5L)
Nissan has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in some 2002 and 2005-2006 model year Nissan Altima and Sentra vehicles equipped with the 2.5 liter engine. On some of these vehicles there is a possibility that the engine might stop running while being driven due to the program in the Electronic Control Module (engine computer). If the engine stops running while driving, this could result in a crash without warning. To prevent this potential condition, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to reprogram the Electronic Control Module.​

·
Registered
2 Posts
out of pocket cost due to TSB

I just took my 05 2.5 in to have the ECM reprogrammed. I was told the crank sensor could not be read by the ECM...and had to be replaced (sensor)to the tune of $180.

I don't know a lot about it, but I get this feeling that the whole problem should have been covered by the TSB. I talked to Nissan about it and they said the crank sensor was my problem.

The last TSB in '06 was to replace rear suspension bushing due to potential rust problems. I had it done, then get hit with a bill for an alignment on the car.

My point is, when I take my Nissan in for a recall, it ends up costing ME money.

I really like the car intended to buy another next year, but not now. I feel they are no different than GM or Ford when it comes to this type of problem.

I'll be shopping at Honda next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with you about talking up the ladder. I'm not giving up. I talked to the Nissan Zone Rep. and got the runaround.
I'm not going away on this one. I just think it's a little sneaky that they'll reprogram the ECM to read a sensor they know can't be readby the ECM because it over heats....and then tells you that your sensor is bad, on your dime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crank Sensor

I have a 2004 Altima S, and a couple of months ago i had a problem with my crank sensor as well. After calling the dealership to find out they wanted $180 for the part, as well as $90/HR to install with a min of two hours, i decided to fix it myself. I looked up forums and found out that i wasn't the only Altima owner to have this issue with in 80k. I bought a Cam Positioning Sensor for $22 at autozone and installed it myself in 15 min.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts