Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I have a 2012 Altima 2.5 coupe. The cvt transmission went out @ 89k and it was replaced with a used transmission. Ever since the replacement, the cruise control stopped working above 50 mph, and the ecu is throwing P0500(vehicle speed sensor A) and P1574 ASCD speed sensor. I replaced 2 speed sensors on the transmission, as well as the speed sensor/crank sensor on the engine side, and the DTC is still setting, as well as the vehicle lacking cruise control above 50 mph. Consequently the cruise set light is still flashing which signals an issue with the cruise system which is dependent on speed signals from the TCM and Combination Meter. I did a data stream and noticed that the mph readout from the scantool on the ECM inputs was a couple mph slower than the vehicle speedo. The scantool I have available also shows TCM inputs. Vehicle speed shows 0.63 mph, but estimated vehicle speed shows 0.00 mph while vehicle is in park and stationary. It appears that the TCM is receiving "more speed signal" than vehicle is putting it out. I'm led to believe there is another electrical issue with the speed sensor circuit(s) which provide information for the cruise control system, but have not been able to find a wiring diagram for this year Altima Coupe. I am currently leaning in the direction of TCM issues since it "thinks" its receiving a speed signal when the vehicle is not producing speed. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this system? Has anyone else had this problem with the cruise control/speed sensor circuit? Is there a re-learn that needs to be performed for the TCM?There are a multitude of possibilities at this point since (3) sensors related to vehicle speed have already been replaced. I also checked the wheel speed sensor, and all were ok. I would like to further investigate the TCM and VSS connections to the TCM, but I am experiencing difficulty without a proper wiring skematic or voltage reference information. I've also attempted to look for TSB's related to the problem, but was unsuccessful on that search. I would greatly appreciate anyone with information related to this topic. Thank you,
Dion
2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 coupe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have a 2012 Altima 2.5 coupe. The cvt transmission went out @ 89k and it was replaced with a used transmission. Ever since the replacement, the cruise control stopped working above 50 mph, and the ecu is throwing P0500(vehicle speed sensor A) and P1574 ASCD speed sensor. I replaced 2 speed sensors on the transmission, as well as the speed sensor/crank sensor on the engine side, and the DTC is still setting, as well as the vehicle lacking cruise control above 50 mph. Consequently the cruise set light is still flashing which signals an issue with the cruise system which is dependent on speed signals from the TCM and Combination Meter. I did a data stream and noticed that the mph readout from the scantool on the ECM inputs was a couple mph slower than the vehicle speedo. The scantool I have available also shows TCM inputs. Vehicle speed shows 0.63 mph, but estimated vehicle speed shows 0.00 mph while vehicle is in park and stationary. It appears that the TCM is receiving "more speed signal" than vehicle is putting it out. I'm led to believe there is another electrical issue with the speed sensor circuit(s) which provide information for the cruise control system, but have not been able to find a wiring diagram for this year Altima Coupe. I am currently leaning in the direction of TCM issues since it "thinks" its receiving a speed signal when the vehicle is not producing speed. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this system? Has anyone else had this problem with the cruise control/speed sensor circuit? Is there a re-learn that needs to be performed for the TCM?There are a multitude of possibilities at this point since (3) sensors related to vehicle speed have already been replaced. I also checked the wheel speed sensor, and all were ok. I would like to further investigate the TCM and VSS connections to the TCM, but I am experiencing difficulty without a proper wiring skematic or voltage reference information. I've also attempted to look for TSB's related to the problem, but was unsuccessful on that search. I would greatly appreciate anyone with information related to this topic. Thank you,
Dion
2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 coupe
Hi there.. were you able to resolve this issue.. as I have a 2012 Altima 2.5 and I am facing the same issue after transmission swap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts