Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2007 Altima SL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Bought my 07 3.5 last year and have put maybe 8k(192k) miles on it..Runs strong and shifts fine. I know the person I bought the car from said she never had the transmission serviced, so I'm thinking I need to get it done sooner rather than later. Got a quote from my families auto care center of 125 to drain and refill, but that's using Valvoline.. Can someone link me to what I SHOULD use in this instance? Figured id ask here before I went with what they advised. Ive seen old threads on this but none had links, and most aren't open for comments, soooo. here I am :)

Thanks!

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Valvoline CVT is okay, the only complaints my customers have expressed is that it's noisy (but so is Nissan NS2/NS3). Your best bet is probably AMSoil for aftermarket. Eneos Eco is great too (if you can still get it), and Idemitsu is also okay.

· Registered
2007 Altima SL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valvoline CVT is okay, the only complaints my customers have expressed is that it's noisy (but so is Nissan NS2/NS3). Your best bet is probably AMSoil for aftermarket. Eneos Eco is great too (if you can still get it), and Idemitsu is also okay.
this what I need? for what its worth they are charging me 84 for 6qts of the Valvoline https://a.co/d/gszAWKv

· Registered
1,455 Posts
What my customers have been using is the Eco, Eneos p/n 3026-300. I'm told Eneos is discontinuing it. According to the Eneos USA website, their type N fluid would be the other choice for your 10A tranny, p/n 3058-300.

· Registered
2007 Altima SL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dang, looks like the Valvoline is gonna be my only option, as I've searched those other part numbers and came up empty... Couldn't find a deal on the AMSoil on amazon either... Do you suggest the initial drain and fill change and then another quick change after say 1000 miles or would I be good with the single drain and fill?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts