Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while when I start my 2010 Altima 2.5 S the display will go out. One time it was lit up but you could not read the letters/numbers. This comes and goes...... Does anyone have any possible answers or trouble shooting directions for this? Ty for any possible replies.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Do you mean the LCD display in between the gauges in the cluster, or the dot-matrix display in the radio? The radio displays are generally unfixable, you need to replace the unit. The cluster LCD's are 99% fixable, there's an exposed ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) connector on the back of the cluster with a ribbon cable going into it. Cleaning and realigning the ribbon cable will almost always restore the display.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2010 Altima with the amber (Panasonic) radio display, not the Bose system. I had exactly this problem occur to me twice. Radio functions but display dims in and out and sometimes goes out completely, while the radio continues to work. Did a bit of research and even spoke to a Nissan mechanic several years ago. This may sound crazy but he told me that there was some diodes in the display that require a fully charged/new battery to work. A few weeks later, my car battery went bad. Upon replacement of the battery, the radio display functioned perfectly. Then, about 5-6 years later, same thing happened. Again, after I replaced the car battery, no problems with radio. I suggest getting your battery checked out. If it's low on voltage/amperage or cells are dying, try replacing it and see if this resolves your radio display issue. Please let us know if this works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts