Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to this forum. First of all I'd like to say if you think my idea is dumb, please just leave this thread and don't criticize. I love the front of the SE-R and the rear. My front bumper has some curb rash from the previous owner and the rear bumper has a few dents from the previous owner as well. I am getting the car fully reprinted and dents removed soon cause it has some door dings. I travel on a road that has a ton of gravel trucks so my front bumper and hood get a bit dinged often. Anyways, I thought before I get the car reprinted I may as well do an SE-R exterior conversion because I love it so much.

The covers, lower grille, fog finishers, fender liners and all the required clips etc are $750 through my local nissan dealership with tax included through my work which gets shop rate.

I have some questions before I order the parts and they are as follows...
1. Are the headlights the same just SE-R has HID's?
2. Are the fog lights the same so I can use my current SE ones in the SER bumper cover?
3. Are the tail lights the same?

Once I get the cash I will be getting SER tails, but the SER fogs are apparently discontinued so I would have to go aftermarket and the headlights are $700 each which is ridiculous so I'd rather live with even a gap until I could find some aftermarket ones that fit... :/

Could anybody please help with my questions? Thanks!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hello I'm new to this forum. First of all I'd like to say if you think my idea is dumb, please just leave this thread and don't criticize. I love the front of the SE-R and the rear. My front bumper has some curb rash from the previous owner and the rear bumper has a few dents from the previous owner as well. I am getting the car fully reprinted and dents removed soon cause it has some door dings. I travel on a road that has a ton of gravel trucks so my front bumper and hood get a bit dinged often. Anyways, I thought before I get the car reprinted I may as well do an SE-R exterior conversion because I love it so much.

The covers, lower grille, fog finishers, fender liners and all the required clips etc are $750 through my local nissan dealership with tax included through my work which gets shop rate.

I have some questions before I order the parts and they are as follows...
1. Are the headlights the same just SE-R has HID's?
2. Are the fog lights the same so I can use my current SE ones in the SER bumper cover?
3. Are the tail lights the same?

Once I get the cash I will be getting SER tails, but the SER fogs are apparently discontinued so I would have to go aftermarket and the headlights are $700 each which is ridiculous so I'd rather live with even a gap until I could find some aftermarket ones that fit... :/

Could anybody please help with my questions? Thanks!
First man welcome to the forum!!! The headlights from your current Alti will fit without any issues...there shouldn't be any gap. As far as SE-R fogs scour the internet there is bound to be a dealership wanting to get rid of them....your SE ones won't fit as the SE-R ones are projector type. The tails you can find on Ebay reasonably priced. As far as paint, expect to pay around $450-$650 depending on your color just for one bumper cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Presidential. And the paints free because my dads renting a building to a friend who does odd jobs and restores etc. he makes a fair bit of money but doesn't seem to wanna pay rent. He'll be doing the bumpers in full and then just another cost on the rest to get rid of scratches and whatnot. :p So it all works out.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks Presidential. And the paints free because my dads renting a building to a friend who does odd jobs and restores etc. he makes a fair bit of money but doesn't seem to wanna pay rent. He'll be doing the bumpers in full and then just another cost on the rest to get rid of scratches and whatnot. :p So it all works out.
Hell thats the best deal ever! The rest is easy stuff.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
hey man I know pres is helping you but what year is your car?

the tail lights and rear bumper are interchangeable between the years (3rdgen 02-06)

the front ends are different (02-04 and 05-06)

the ser tails have black shrouds instead of chrome. most of us have ebay ser type tails. they look the same :)

the ser fogs ONLY fit the ser front bumper and are HID.
I dontm know about the reverse. I would assume they wont.

the SER headlights are HID (d2s) if you dont have HIDS stock you have an H1 harness and need to convert it to d2s. its not hard there is a plug you need to modifiy the key way on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts