Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ever since I got my 2007 nissan altima 2.5s, the auto feature on the driver side window has not worked. The two stage switch works in the first position either way but as soon as I push it to the second stage the window just stops moving. When I pull it to the second stage then the window keeps moving but if I let go then it stops. The passenger side window works just fine both on the main panel and on the door switch. Should I replace the main window switch panel or do you guys think it could be something else?

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
That does sound like a bad Master Switch. There isn't anything else that would cause a no-contact condition going down but not up. Sounds like it also isn't timed, but you'll need to do that anyway for a new Master.

·
Registered
975 Posts
"Timing" for windows means calibration. We call it that because early power window setups often used a combination of a timing relay and a stop switch, not a position sensor like modern ones. Timing on your '07 needs to be done with the door panel removed. There's a little button (usually red) on the back of the motor assembly. The procedure is this:
1. Raise the window to the top
2. Hold the button
3. Run the window to the bottom using the first switch detente position only (manual, not auto).
4. Release the button
3. Run the window to the top using the first switch detente position only (manual, not auto). The "auto" function should now operate normally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts