Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is the first time I have attempted this! SO HERE ARE THE RESULTS!
First you need a car...jacked up with the wheels removed (easiest way)

Next your going to want to clean your wheel VERY VERY WELL! Dry it very very well as well. (I had a horrible pollen day :( )

To protect your tires from getting alot of over spray, I used this.

Spray a light coat followed by another coat thats a little heavier about 8 minutes after the first one.

All other coats need to be heavy. The closer you are to the rim the smoother it will be. Allow 20-30 minutes between coats. (The first 2 rims I could have done better)

Repeat on all other wheels until you get this :D

Remember, you can add as many coats as you want. I did 4 on the front and 5 or 6 on the rear. This job is completely reversible is something should go wrong. Just peel it off. Also the more coats, the easier it is to peel.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
if I had rims, I might do plastidip, but then I've heard that over time, the surface of plastidip on the rims gets yellow or a weird color from the brake dust from ceramic and street performance brake pads. But if I put plastidip on my oem wheel covers, I bet you it would cover up the scratches around the edges!!

Mr Higgles, if there was like a light gray or silver color plastidip, would you do the same rear valence area but in a lighter gray?? Obviously matte black on glossy black doesn't look good

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did the same thing, it came out pretty fresh and best part is it isnt permanent. Just be carful when your putting the rim back on you could scratch the plasti dip with the tire iron.

·
Registered
25 Posts
looks good man, i wish i would have thought about the cards for around the rim, i used painters tape, and holy crap that took forever and it sucked...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Wow... almost a three-year old thread bump. That's got to be some sort of record. Please check date of the last post before posting a reply. It's not necessarily a rule, but more of a "best practice" over here. Not commanding you to not bump old threads - just a suggestion. ::wink::

1 - 13 of 13 Posts