Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine will "hiccup" for lack of better words, sometimes very subtle and sometimes very pronounced; does not occur all the time and does not give trouble codes. Car is 2006 2.5 ltr, base Altima with manual 5 spd. Does not matter whether AC is on or off. Mileage is about 140,000. We are the original owner although the car has been moved around the family including oldest grandson. My thought is fuel delivery. I would appreciate your input, thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Papito! I think that I shall give this a little more time to see if it becomes serious enough to set a code. I did put some Techron in the tank but that has not helped.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No problem. Also remember it's a 14 yr old car. And, if you have time, remove the coil pack and see if there is any oil at the bottom which may cause the issue to the coil packs. Takes about a minute to check each coil. Good luck.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Engine will "hiccup" for lack of better words, sometimes very subtle and sometimes very pronounced; does not occur all the time and does not give trouble codes. Car is 2006 2.5 ltr, base Altima with manual 5 spd. Does not matter whether AC is on or off. Mileage is about 140,000. We are the original owner although the car has been moved around the family including oldest grandson. My thought is fuel delivery. I would appreciate your input, thank you.
It's worth having the injectors cleaned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I did replace spark plugs a couple weeks ago but made no difference. I shall look into cleaning the injectors after I finish the tune up on grandson's 2008 Santa Fe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally became enough of a nuisance to throw out a "pending" code which indicates a fault in the crankshaft position sensor. Shall get a new sensor and attempt to change it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pending code P-0335. Purchased a Hitachi CPS0003 (same as camshaft position sensor) and proceeded to replace it. Watched a few "you tube" videos and decided to work from above. Easy if you have the arms of a gorilla! Being vertically challenged, I had to use a short step stool which wanted to depart on several occasions making for a comic scene. I found it easiest to both remove the old and install the new with the connector installed. Job done and time for a test drive after clearing the codes. The old girl feels young again; great acceleration and smooth cruising! What's next?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts