Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Altima 3.5 car runs amazing until it warms up then it will randomly shut off but won’t start until for atleast 30min later…I have changed maf sensor, both cam sensors, crank sensor, temp sensors and vias sensor. Also it’s not throwing a check engine light or nothing. I’m at a dead end road…if some one could steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Also has new battery and connections are clean

·
Registered
399 Posts
Check your fuel trims and see if maybe it's running lean. If so, try running some SeaFoam or Gumout through it and try cleaning your throttle body. The biggest change between cold and warm is that fuel system goes from "open loop" with all the injectors firing together to "closed loop" where they fire individually, and if your injectors are cloggo it may simply be starving for fuel once it warms up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your fuel trims and see if maybe it's running lean. If so, try running some SeaFoam or Gumout through it and try cleaning your throttle body. The biggest change between cold and warm is that fuel system goes from "open loop" with all the injectors firing together to "closed loop" where they fire individually, and if your injectors are cloggo it may simply be starving for fuel once it warms up.
When the car shuts down it dies all of a sudden…no shutter or nothing…I would think that if it were starving for fuel it would run roughly then shut down

·
Registered
84 Posts
When the car shuts down it dies all of a sudden…no shutter or nothing…I would think that if it were starving for fuel it would run roughly then shut down
Right after the engine shuts down, you'll have to determine if there's an ignition or fuel delivery problem:

* Testing fuel delivery:
An easy way to test the fuel pump and filter is to disconnect the fuel feed hose from the fuel rail and connect it to a long length of spare hose with the other end draped over the fender going into a catch can placed on the ground. Now turn the ignition key to the run position but DO NOT TRY TO START THE ENGINE. You should see fuel going into the can at a good rate for several seconds.

Tee-in a temporary fuel pressure gauge between the fuel feed hose and the fuel rail. If the engine is unable to start, turn the ignition key to the run position but DO NOT TRY TO START THE ENGINE. The fuel pressure reading should be around 51 psi which would be a static reading.

The fuel injectors may not be firing. This can be tested with a "noid" light probe for each injector harness connector.

* Testing ignition:
Pull one or more coil packs to test; use a spare spark plug in the coil pack to test; ground the plug base with a jumper wire to the engine block; see if you're getting a spark while trying to start the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts