Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car feels like under powered and it takes longer to shift gears. Once it’s warm I have to turn it off for 10 or more seconds and then turn it back on and it shifts normal again. It does it when the engine is cold and every other time when it’s warm. I replaced both speed sensors and it still does the same thing. Both crank and cam sensors are new

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
P0725 is the transmission equivalent of C1130 in the ABS, it means the ECM stopped outputting an engine speed signal. When it occurs by itself without codes in the ECM, it's almost always caused by a problem with the crankshaft sensor (CKP). There's a bulletin about it, NTB11-043:

If your new CKP was aftermarket, that could be your problem. Many aftermarket CKP's and CMP's are simply junk, and I can't tell you how much hair I've seen pulled out over the years by people trying to save a buck in the wrong place. Resistance in the CKP data or ground wires can also cause an issue, particularly the ground. It only takes a few ohms of resistance on the ground wire to make the sensor misbehave. Lastly, accumulated magnetic junk on the reluctor wheel can cause problems. Use a dentist magnet to look in the hole with the sensor removed, if the teeth are speckled with metal "hairs" then that could be your issue. You can remove that sort of debris with a fishing magnet held close to the reluctor teeth while turning the engine by hand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts