Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Unfortunately someone punched my son's factory car Stereo in his 2016 Nissan Altima SV and the screen is shattered and the radio will not come on. I'm assuming I need to replace the Stereo. Do you think the fuse might need to be changed? Will a factory car Stereo from a 2015 work?

·
Registered
654 Posts
You can check the fuses, there's one in the inside fusebox and another in the fuse-and-relay box under the hood in front of the left strut tower. However, cracked-and-black screens are usually fatal. If the fuses are good but there's no response from the display or the power button, chances are it's too damaged to be repaired. Fortunately there are lots of Altima radios and navis on eBay, BUT (big but), make sure you get the right part number. There are lots of Nissan radios that look the same but won't work for you. Have someone handy remove the center vents above the radio so you can see the label on top of the unit. The Nissan part number will be 10 characters with a hyphen in the middle, probably 25915-????? for a navi or 28185-????? for a display-audio type. Google that number and you should find plenty of good used ones. The display-audio type should be plug-and-play, but a navi may need to be configured by the dealer before it will work properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts