Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new and have been having issues with my recently purchase 05 altima.

When I've been listening to the radio, there has been a lot of static and cutting out of sound mostly when I'm driving (accelerating/decelerating, turning, hitting bumps, etc). I haven't had any problems so far, while listening to CD's.

I took a look behind the HU and all the wires seem tight. I'm not sure what could be the issue: antennae, wiring, HU, others?

I have the stock non Bose system. I bought this car though the owner's son-in-law. And he said the owner loved doing small tinkers with the car. So i'm not sure if there is anything he changed that messed up the system.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

PS. I'm a noob when in comes to cars/audio systems. I know a little but hoping to learn a lot more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
does this year altima have the outside antenna motorized or is it built into the rear windshield? make sure that the actual antenna is screwed in tight or that the windshield antenna in the rear is plugged in,its usally a small female connector that plugs in the bottom of windshiled, your altima may not even have this rear connector. but its best to check.

do the wires look tampered with behind the radio, im thinking he had an aftermarket stereo there before than put the factory one back, maybe he cut some wires. you say only on am fm reception correct? or does it happen with cd once in a while also ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The antenna is built into the windshield. I'll take a look at the connector into the windshield in the morning and then update this. However, last I looked I didn't see any connection directly on the windshield, can it be hidden where the seat meets the windshield?

I looked at the back of the HU a few days ago and the cables didn't seem frayed. I listened to a CD today during a long car ride and didn't notice any problems in acoustics.

I was looking into replacing the HU to see if that fixed it (and also get a nice aux port: ), but after looking around I found out that I'd have to change all my speakers to 4ohms and that's a little more than I'm looking to invest right now.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
if you go with just coaxials, then it won't break the bank. But if you go with front components, then you'll need a 2 or 4 channel amp.

You could replace the oem head unit with an unamplified aftermarket head unit and just go with medium quality 2 way front/rear coaxials for a little under $200 depending where you get your car audio gear.

Crutchfield seems too pricey, but I would get your head unit from them since they include the wiring harness, faceplate and installation kit free

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts